As a young woman in today's society, I struggled with the way I view myself and my body. With the media bombarding me with images of what I should look like, I thought that I was fat and unattractive. However, I've come to realize that I am beautiful no matter what the media or society says. Thanks to all the women that post on this forum. It takes a lot of courage to share personal stories on a public space such as this. smile

By the way, I came across a great site, which was posted on this forum a while back. It's an exhibit called "Image and Identity" from the International Museum of Women and it features stories on issues about body image from women all over the world. What's great about this site is that it connects women globally and women partake in conversations about issues that affect us universally. Personally, I enjoyed watching Karen Lum's "Slip of the Tongue" and reading "The Real Story of Superheroes" by Dulce Pinzon.

This exhibit is online until October 1st, so try to check it out before it's too late! Hope this helps!
[BBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!