Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
astrovalley, cory455, marger, simplicityshines, Jessyyoga
57418 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57418 Members
417 Forums
113482 Topics
805683 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 396
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 124
Nancy Roussy 102
Beetlemess 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 95
Jana - Creativity Editor 86
Mona - Astronomy 47
Susan - Meditation Editor 44
Sandra Investing/HFinance 31
Dianne W - Editor 22
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#339035 - 09/06/07 03:04 PM I found a way to make my hubby eat anything!
Doctor_Maria Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Mid-Atlantic region
Hi ladies,

I found a way to get my husband to love almost anything, including foods he "doesn't like." Add Good Seasons dry italian dressing to squash, whole grain rice, etc. and you will create a smash hit!

It's amazing what a little Good Seasons can do.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Add I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Twitter Add I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Facebook Add I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to MySpace Add I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Del.icio.us Digg I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! Add I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Yahoo My Web Add I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Google Bookmarks Add I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Stumbleupon Add I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Reddit
#339058 - 09/06/07 04:07 PM Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! [Re: Doctor_Maria]
joanj Offline
Koala

Loc: Texas
I use the fat free kind but it's great for marinade for meats too or in deviled eggs.

Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Twitter Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Facebook Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to MySpace Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Stumbleupon Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Reddit
#345539 - 10/03/07 11:48 AM Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! [Re: joanj]
Jill - Healthy Foods Offline
Amoeba

Loc: New York, NY
Another great way to get people who normally don't enjoy fresh vegetables is to add your own spices. I find that if I use a little bit of cumin, chili powder, black pepper and salt on foods, my fiance will eat just about anything ;-)

Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Twitter Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Facebook Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to MySpace Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Stumbleupon Add Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! to Reddit
#377556 - 02/20/08 05:50 AM Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! [Re: Jill - Healthy Foods]
Rachel_SpanishCult Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Jaen, Spain
Yes spices are great, even my 17 year-old will eat spicy lentil soup, he's even been known to ask for more.

I was so amazed and really pleased, it wasn't my recipe but hey.

Today I'm trying a curried cauliflower soup on him, he'll be really wary as I'm going to liquidise it, he likes to see the lumps so he knows what they are.

I don't even try to get the other 2 to check these out, but maybe when they reach 17?

Fingers crossed.

#377560 - 02/20/08 05:57 AM Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! [Re: Rachel_SpanishCult]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Online   content
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Good luck with that Rachel, let us know how it goes!! It definitely is worth it to try to get family members to try new foods and expand their culinary horizons smile

#378316 - 02/21/08 06:49 AM Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Rachel_SpanishCult Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Jaen, Spain
No go. He looked at it and said it was puree, baby food.

My fault I suppose I've usually made soup with floaty bits!

Hubby and I enjoyed it though, and I'll definately make it again, half a cauliflower in one sitting and he didn't even know!

#378327 - 02/21/08 07:37 AM Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! [Re: Rachel_SpanishCult]
joanj Offline
Koala

Loc: Texas
When my kids lived at home, I used to puree up things like cauliflower and add to soups and casseroles and nobody noticed. Also, I could grate up tofu and make it look like cheese in a spaghetti casserole. I just mixed it with some mozzarella cheese.

That would make a good book! How to hide healthy stuff in recipes.

#378366 - 02/21/08 09:37 AM Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! [Re: joanj]
BellaDeb Offline
Zebra

Loc: Memphis, TN
Yeah, Jessica Seinfeld already wrote it! LOL

It's called Deceptively Delicious. And, I think there's another one that's similar--I believe there was some controversy when the Seinfeld book came out.

But, her thing is pureeing veggies in 1/2 cup portions and then putting those purees into different foods. Even brownies. So, she sneaks veggies into almost everything. Something in chicken nuggets, I believe, too.

The low-carb faux mashed potatoes made with cauliflower is something my guys liked - my picky eater son even asks for it!
Smart Marketing Works

#386570 - 03/04/08 11:35 AM Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! [Re: BellaDeb]
Jill - Healthy Foods Offline
Amoeba

Loc: New York, NY
I have actually read articles about how tricking your kids or loved ones into eating vegetables really doesn't solve the issue of people not eating well these days. As for vegetables, I have found that roasting them is the best way to start people eating better. Roasted asparagus with chopped garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar comes out great!

#388060 - 03/06/08 06:32 AM Re: I found a way to make my hubby eat anything! [Re: Jill - Healthy Foods]
Allison_PCAdvice Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Boston, MA
I find I eat more veggies when I add them to kebabs and grill or broil. A great veggie kebab is red peppers, squash and onions with a very little oil and pepper. Sometimes I add cherry tomatoes.

There was a comedian or actor who had a quote about how all food tastes better on a stick - how true!

Edited by Allison_PCAdvice (03/06/08 06:33 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Low Carb Thanksgiving
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
4 seconds ago
To Tan or Not To Tan
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
26 minutes 46 seconds ago
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
32 minutes 30 seconds ago
A Personal Inventory and ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
49 minutes 48 seconds ago
Caroline Herschel
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 11:41 AM
What Yoga did you Do Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Yoga
Today at 11:36 AM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 09:39 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 09:24 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 09:23 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 09:17 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.