Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Kellyack91, sienawilson, test18818, Home Circus, anthonyroman1210
56583 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56583 Members
417 Forums
111488 Topics
786283 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 273
Nancy Roussy 174
Rosie 66 153
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 138
loongdragon 115
James Andrew 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 76
Jilly 65
Lestie4containergardens 65
Susan - Meditation Editor 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#716119 - 09/26/11 03:17 AM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
AmyR - Prime Time TV Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Texas
Hi! I am Amy the editor for the Prime Time site and I have been meaning to join this forum for a while now as I am a published romance author. I love reading and discussing and I would really love to hear the readers take on romance novels and everything that goes along with it! So this is my introduction. If you would like to know about me as a writer, my webpage is amyromine-dot-com.

Cannot wait to talk with you all!

Add Re: Member Intros to Twitter Add Re: Member Intros to Facebook Add Re: Member Intros to MySpace Add Re: Member Intros to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Member Intros Add Re: Member Intros to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Member Intros to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Member Intros to Stumbleupon Add Re: Member Intros to Reddit
#717029 - 09/29/11 08:20 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
thomas86 Offline

Hi All!! I'm Thomas, and I'm an aspiring young adult fiction and romance novelist. I'd appreciate any and all tips you guys have as well as any reading recommendations!! Thanks!

Add Re: Member Intros to Twitter Add Re: Member Intros to Facebook Add Re: Member Intros to MySpace Add Re: Member Intros to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Member Intros Add Re: Member Intros to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Member Intros to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Member Intros to Stumbleupon Add Re: Member Intros to Reddit
#717041 - 09/29/11 10:21 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: thomas86]
rombookshost Offline
Parakeet

Loc: U. S.
Hi, Thomas, and welcome.

My first suggestion is find a writers' group local to you. I know when I was starting out, that was an enormous help to me, being able to meet face to face with other writers of varying experiences. The second suggestion I have is to read, read, read, read everything you can get your hands on in the areas you intend to write. Knowing what's selling to publishers in your area(s) of interest is a great way to work on one's own writing.

#717988 - 10/04/11 11:26 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
thomas86 Offline

Thanks Elizabeth! I've been looking into some writers groups... maybe i'll get off my lazy butt and go find one this week! I'm already following your second suggestion! :D Your third idea is really good too, i know i should find out what the &quot;competition&quot; is doing... Thanks again! any and all help is appreciated... we writers have to stick together!

#719138 - 10/12/11 06:52 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
Rlmathewson Offline

Loc: New England
Hi, everyone My name is R.L. Mathewson. I'm a stay at home mom as well as an author of romance novels, contemporary and paranormal. I've been an avid romance novel reader now for going on three years. Before I stumbled on a book by Julia Quinn I read pretty much anything and everything. I'll admit that I had a bit of a snobbish view of romance novels, but I think that had a lot to do with the covers and how people I knew viewed them. I was pleasantly surprised when I read her books. They were witty, sweet, fun and sucked me in. For a while I read novels and couldn't help but wonder about the what ifs..... So one day I started writing and several months later I was done. I took one look at my book and gagged. It was complete garbage, but great practice. I kept at it until finally I had a book I loved. Now that's what I do. I love creating stories that put a smile on someone's face and I love the fact that to keep my skills up I have to read, a lot. It's a good excuse to keep my nose buried in a book. Well, that's me.

Edited by Rlmathewson (10/12/11 06:53 PM)

#719158 - 10/12/11 08:06 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
rombookshost Offline
Parakeet

Welcome, R.L!

#723035 - 11/02/11 02:57 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
Cathy Williams Offline

Elizabeth, My name is Cathy and I recently epublished my mother's romance, &quot;Divided Pathways&quot;, on Amazon.com. I would love to have some of your members review it. What do I need to do? I published this novel to fulfill a promise I made before my mother passed away. Epublishing allowed me to do this, but I am lost once it was put up. I would also love any suggestions from your members on how I might get the word out. Thanks.

#723737 - 11/05/11 11:48 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
Hopeless Lori Offline

Hi there. My name is Lori, and I'm an obsessive romance reader. I just got a Kindle and am now lost about how to find good books. The world of romance novels seems so much more open now. Hopeing to get some new recommendations. :D

#723786 - 11/06/11 02:56 AM Re: Member Intros [Re: Hopeless Lori]
rombookshost Offline
Parakeet

Welcome, Lori!

If you haven't wandered over to the main site yet ( Romance Novels ), you may want to do that. Take a look through some of the reviews, perhaps, or, under the subjects, I have some of the reviews divided into category, so you can take a peek at those if you're more interested in one sub-genre of romance than another.

And if you tell us what sort of romance novels you like to read, I'm sure we can get you started with some suggestions.

#736999 - 01/02/12 01:04 AM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
Justin Adder Guye Offline

Edited by Justin Adder Guye (01/02/12 06:05 AM)

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Turn Your Passion into a Profitable Business
by Angel - Business Coach
Business Coach
38 minutes 29 seconds ago
Greetings from Kathryn
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Short Stories
39 minutes 20 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
47 minutes 2 seconds ago
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Beetlemess
Container Gardening
55 minutes 40 seconds ago
The Gifts of ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 12:56 PM
Arbor Day 25th April
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
Today at 12:46 PM
Leather Jewelry Tips
by Anthony Roman
Jewelry Making
Today at 11:25 AM
Suggestion for fashion jewelry?
by James Andrew
Beauty Basics
Today at 11:21 AM
Any cheap cheap stores for the Autumn apparel
by James Andrew
Women's Fashion
Today at 11:10 AM
Orchid Photography
by Anu D - Orchids
Orchids
Today at 07:37 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Izeigo, Angel - Business Coach), 137 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.