Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Koala
Koala
H
80 / 20 is just a concept of prioritizing. Does prioritizing work? Yes... so it works. Whether it is 20% or 14% or 21% doesn't really matter.

For another example, at a store where i used to work, i once asked the manager/owner who our best customers were. She did not know! (She should have). So i was asked to find out. And what i discovered going through records was that our top five customers... out of HUNDREDS every month... generated almost 20% of our entire income! From there we could study what kinds of customers generated the most business for us, seek new customers of that type, as well as be certain we treat our best customers well and seek to provide additional services that they needed so that they would choose to remain with us rather than go to competitors. For us, corporate accounts for companies that offered first rate products and services generated the most income for us. They weren't necessarily the largest companies (certainly not employee-wise), but they offered quality products and services on the regional, national, or international level that were rare: A company that built and repaired medical lasers, a company that repaired racing and other rare engines, a company that published thick glossy catalogs as their specialty, a company that designed microchips that were to be inserted in water faucets overseas and then imported to the U.S., and a lumber yard that supplied to construction companies that in turn built housing developments.

If you know WHICH customers generate the most income for your business and what their needs are... this might be the "20%," depending on how much variance there is in purchasing with your company. Winning just one more of this type of customer would be more valuable than winning perhaps a hundred, or even a thousand, of customers who use less of your products or services or who are less likely to use you often. It is less work to serve these accounts than customers who do not regularly buy from you.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Shark
Shark
P
Holly,

After reading this post, I am becoming more serious about 80/20

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.