logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Quote:
I'm white, tall, naturally blonde, have blue eyes with small facial features. I didn't choose these attributes; God did. I'm not "proud" (nor ashamed) of the way I was born, but I am proud of what I've accomplished. The only physical attribute of which I'm proud is a fit body. I work out and watch what I eat.

However, whenever I meet a black woman, I am almost always met with disdain, which is puzzling when the woman knows absolutely nothing about my personality. I feel as if I must "prove" that I'm not some arrogant princess who thinks that others are unworthy of my friendship. Once a woman really gets to know me, we become friends, and any barriers are broken.

However, that first barrier seems to have erected based on nothing more than my initial appearance (I don't dress provocatively or inappropriately at all). Although I have never worn the shoes of a black women, I really try to understand why they might feel this way.

A long time ago and even today, many people judge black people on nothing more than their race and physical appearance. So, why do many black women turn around and exhibit the same behavior that they (rightfully) hate?

A long time ago and even today, many people judge black people on nothing more than their race and physical appearance. So, why do many black women turn around and exhibit the same behavior that they (rightfully) hate?

This goes to say what? That no longer are blacks judged by nothing more than that physical appearance? I find it puzzling that so many white believe it all equal now. That simple because 30 plus years have past, over a 400 plus year history of being degraded, belittled, beat down, and looked down everything is all great and we should all hold hands in togetherness and peace.

Puzzling that so many whites now look at blacks with surprise. This does not condone the that you are treated, but please get rid of that "we all the same people" moniker many whites seem to have taken up......its making me ill.

What has changed is that you can turn on TV and see Denzel; but you can't see a black in congress in Tenn. So don't be under the illusion that its all equal.......its not. When you understand that, you may have some understanding why mistrust still exists towards whites in the black communiyt.

I will say this.....I don't know what black women you meet, but the black community.........in this history of this country has ALWAYS been the most inclusive and welcoming of all ethnic and racial groups.

Stop trying to date hoodish bruthaz.....that is one place you wll never fit in.

PaRrIs

Don't make me take my mouth of Saftey
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Quote:
Lastly, I am tired of the it's a White/Black/Asian/Hispanic/etc. thing....Well it shouldn't be......it should be a human thing!!

We are all humans!

It shouldn't be, and if we all lived in a dream state it wouldn't. But this is the reality of the world we live in, and regardless if you see color or not.......the rest of the world sees it for you.

There will always be something that seperates us.

color, in the US, happens to be one.

PaRrIs

Don't make me take my mouth of Saftey
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
I am white,fat, short and ugly and i find people who are attractive look down on me straight away because of how i look they think i am stupid and have no feelings.It has nothing to do with race.Humans are attracted to attractive people. I find most attractive people know they are attractive and tend to hold themselves above everyone else without perhaps even meaning to.What do you think?

J
Koala
Koala
J
People see what they expect to see-Law of Attraction. People who do not expect to see prejudice, jealousy and envy, will not see it as those type of people will not be attracted into their lives. The more you focus on it, the more of it you will see because whatever you focus upon will grow in your life.

E
E
I am leaning more towards this being a product of your own imagination. I am thinking that you want all women to be jalous of you whatever their race may be. In the beginning of your post, you start by pointing out all the traits that you think black women should be jealous of you for (tall, blonde, blue eyes, fit body, etc..)You seem to hold those traits as something to be envious of. Why would you think that? I think you need to look within yourself on this one. You certainly cannot project your own wishes on those of another race.

Black women on the whole are very proud to be black women and are not projecting any envy/jealousy your way.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.