logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
O
People were speaking about libraries before. Well, I work in the photo archives of a library/historical society and one day a lady brought all three of her kids with her plus a friend of hers. To put it mildly, it was annoying. She had two of the toddlers on those child leash things attached at the wrist. That didn't stop them from running all over the room and putting their hands on everything. They were also annoying their little sister in the baby carriage who got fussy. Meanwhile, my supervisor and I were just giving each other looks like, "why did she bring them in here??" There were no other patrons for them to irriate but it was certainly irritating us! I didn't understand why she couldn't leave them at home or have her friend sit out in the hall or something for a few minutes with them while she looked through the photo collection. It would have taken less time because she wouldn't have to jump up and grab the rambunctious kids and scream at them every five seconds.
*sigh*

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
Yesterday night, my boyfriend took me to a nice restaurant for candle-light dinner (I was almost guessing maybe he was planning to propose to me? heehee ... no, he didn't wink ) and a table behind us were of 4 adults with 1 kid who's 1-year-old. How did I find out the kid is 1 yo? because it's her birthday, and they sang the birthday song to her loud and clear all of a sudden. People stared. My boyfriend almost burst out laughing. I scrowled at them.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PARENTS AND ADULTS? There are appropriate places for things!!!!!! It's a romantic dinner restaurant, for crying out loud! and the mother carried her baby girl around, baby-talking quite loudly. Parading around a romantic quiet restaurant is birthday entertainment for 1-yo?! Since when did that happen?????

good thing they left soon enough.

L
Koala
Koala
L
Why are 1st year birthday parties so huge, anyway? My friend has two kids, and for each kid's first birthday she had this whole petting zoo show. The kid had no idea what was going on. My sister had a large family and friends party at her house. It was fine, because it was more like the regular parties she has anyway, with presents and cake tacked on at the end. There were a few kids there, but they all played together quietly downstairs.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I don't know. My POV on birthday parties is that at the age of one, the kid doesn't even understand what is going on. At two, maybe. Three and up, they know they are the center of attention, so there is a point to them. My 3 nephews are of those ages where birthday parties are a fun occasion.

Personally, I don't really see the point of celebrating my birthday. The office here has the birthdays of everyone celebrated (ie here are the people who have birthdays this month). I've opted out of that -- out of 20 people, there are two that have a question mark on the list. I'm one of them. IMHO, you don't feel different from one day to another, it is the same as any other day. Most people, from what I see, go out on a romantic evening, or take a weekend trip, or do something "special" on a loved ones birthday. Guess what? If you are CF, you can do that ANYTIME you want (within reason, of course). We do that all the time. We don't need a "special occasion" to have fun. That is why I consider Valentine's Day to be a crock of ... stuff. smile Every day is Valentine's Day to me.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Sorry about your dinner, Kitty. But keep us posted if he proposes!!

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
K
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
Originally Posted By: lngilbert
Why are 1st year birthday parties so huge, anyway?

I wonder too! as Duane_Va said, they don't even know what's going on! and ... *sigh* ... parents can go nuts about them in their own privacy, but not in a romantic restaurant clearly NOT existing for 1-year-old birthdays!

but it's great to know you guys feel the same! laugh

K
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
heh-heh, thanks Angela, I sure will!! wink

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Pikasam
And that's one of MY pet peeves as well - that kids take over the damn pools.

My folks belong to a public pool, and I rarely go there and never want to go in because they are too many kids in the pool that aren't potty trained yet. I've been seen pieces of diaper floating in the pool in the past, and I'm sorry, public pools just don't appeal to me anymore. I'm sure we've all seen worse in pools at different points in our lives. Gross!

Save your own life - don't have kids!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.