Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#337124 08/30/07 08:22 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
What's your favorite type of massage? A gentle, soothing one? A deep, muscle-pounding one? Something with a lot of aroma? Something that leaves you worn out but knowing the knots are gone?

I find I like both types. Sometimes I just want a very gentle, soothing one to remove the stress. Sometimes my shoulders are *killing* me and I need the stronger kind in the hopes that my shoulders might regain usefulness ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
I always like the shiatsu/deep tissue massages; I never like the soft touch!

Tiger
Tiger
I like deep tissue massage. I miss my massage therapist. SHe had the best hands, the right pressure, flow, technique, entegy. She had the nerve to have a baby and move back home. Some people eh? I miss her. I haven't gone in years because the few people I tried to replace her just didn't measure up.

G
G
The neck massages by those people with the portable chairs that come to your workplace.

I also like a scalp massage at the hairdresser.

Tiger
Tiger
Oh, I never thought of body parts. I like the neck right up to the bottom of the skull, scapulas and hips. I also like foot reflexology.

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Quote:
I also like a scalp massage at the hairdresser.

I recently had a full body massage that included a hot oil scalp massage...OMG, this felt so good. Even though it sounds messy, the oil washed right out of my hair.

Massage is one of the best ways to relieve stress, both physical and mental. A calming room, low-light, gentle talk add to the massage benefits. Increased blood flow, gentle thoughts and perhaps a lovely talk with a terrific therapist result from a sometimes much-needed chance to recharge, relax and rejuvenate our achy bodies. Day and destination spas offer massages from A to Z, so check out my latest article on spas.bellaonline.com.

Last edited by Mindy Baby; 03/14/08 12:46 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I prefer a massage that is really hard and deep. I can take a bath or nap, or do gentle yoga to just feel drowsy and relax. If I am paying someone, i kinda want them to beat me up. Really get in there and pry apart the tendons, get to the interior of the muscles. That kind of thing. smile

Jill, Not me! I want to be pampered and soothed during my massage, especially if I have had a strenuous day sunning, running or lounging around the pool. Usually that relaxes my tense muscles and readies my body for another round of lazing around.

Thus, my favorite massage? Swedish or hot rocks which is usually a gentle body restorer, too.

Rachel Rome

Last edited by BellaOnline; 11/16/11 07:20 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I love the hot rocks massages, too.

The last massage I had I mentioned to the therapist that I had been suffering some really bad migraines lately - so she targetd some areas that I didn't even realize were sore (until she started kneading them - like the front of my shoulder area).

But, I found out very quickly that if you are going to have this kind of massage done, it needs to be done in a series and to drink LOTS of water. Because she was literally teasring down the muscles and releasing all the toxins and amino acids into my system. The next day I had an even worse migraine. But the 2nd day they started getting better.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
S
S
I like gentle, soothing massages! I like it when they concentrate mostly on my back but also like it when they massage my feet!!

S
S
My favorite type of massage is muscle-pounding.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I haven't had a massage in a long while. I've been really counting my pennies, and also with my yoga I haven't felt that tight-shoulder like I used to. Still, I should go in at some point, I know that my muscles can get knotted up and it would be good to get some unknotting done so they work as well as they can. Sort of like an oil change on a car.

I am thinking medium level - I don't need the pounding. The yoga is taking care of the deep twist issues. Just a more gentle realigning.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Nobody can ever do it hard enough for me! I don't like paying money to merely be stroked. I want to squirm!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.