logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I think this is something some of us could really do with!
Whether it's people asking about having kids or trying to tell us how to run OTHER areas of our lives!
I can think of some but I'd LOVE to hear YOURS! Ones that are not TOO nasty, if you want someone to get the point but not to put their nose out of joint TOO much! Some of the less nice ones could be said with a smile?!

When are you going to have kids?
When are you going to start minding your own business?

You'll just have to wait and see, won't you?

Why don't you want kids?
Why don't YOU want to mind your own business?

You should have kids/dress differently..whatever
I hope ONE day I can work with/live with/have friends who don't feel the need to tell me how to run MY life!

Why don't you want kids?
Cos you're such a great parent, I'd only wind up being jealous!

Having kids is the greatest thing in my life
Yes, OK so having kids is the greatest thing in YOUR life.

When are you going to have kids/why don't you want kids?
Shocked look or whithering look.

WHAT?!

AH, so you want to know about my SEX life now, DO you?
(Esp. good one for prudes!)

So, let's here some from you!!

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
My favorite is still a quote from Sarah Silverman, compliments of someone who posts here often:

"When are you going to have kids?"
"When I get tired of all this freedom."

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Angela P
My favorite is still a quote from Sarah Silverman, compliments of someone who posts here often:

"When are you going to have kids?"
"When I get tired of all this freedom."

Ooh I LOVE it!
Or When I run out of other things to do.
(Or other things I want to do)

I saw this on Unscripted Life and I just LOVE it:
"..One way to curtail such a conversation is to say �I wonder why my choices are so important to you? Do you think you may be projecting your own issues or insecurities on me? I�m very happy with who I am, but you don�t seem to be able to accept that. I find that strange.� (Polite, but strong language....

I�ve only used it once, with a very persistant �must breed� person. Shut them up very quickly! Puts the problem right where it is � with them!.."

Hmm wonder if it would work for me!
I think I'd shorten it to: "I wonder why my choices are so important to you. I�m very happy with who I am, but you don�t seem to be able to accept that. I find that strange.�

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
Gecko
Gecko
Hey gang?

What's the comeback for "You would make SUCH an incredible mother...I know you. You're intelligent, you know how to discipline, good background...I know you'd be great at it."
Help me out here, I got a live one after me and just won't quit.

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
Parakeet
Parakeet
Hey gang?

What's the comeback for "You would make SUCH an incredible mother...I know you. You're intelligent, you know how to discipline, good background...I know you'd be great at it."
Help me out here, I got a live one after me and just won't quit.

How about this? "That's one theory I don't want to test?"

Or you could go into a list of your bad habits or a list of things you enjoy that parenthood would take away (lazy evenings and weekends could play a part in this response).

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Parakeet
Parakeet
And for the "When" questions: "Don't hold your breath. I hate going to funerals." (That's one of those that you might want to say with a smile to take the edge off.)

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
I'd say - "I am an incredible mother. My cat loves me!!"

Childfree? Join us at www.thechildfreelife.com.
Gecko
Gecko
When we were younger, to DH's very confirmed bachelor cousin:

"When you get married, we'll have kids."

That worked for a LONG time (10+ years). However, now this guy is engaged. So it's changed to:

"Yeah, we're breaking our end of the bargain. Deal with it."

V
Amoeba
Amoeba
V
Fortunately I really don't have any friends with children other than my cousin. So when anyone asks me when I'm going to have kids, I just shoot back, "When are YOU going to have kids?" This gets them talking about themselves and not me. smile Maybe this would work with anyone even if they already have kids... make them explain why they aren't having kids or more kids right now.

And my cousin... she used to bug me about having kids first. I'm a little older, a lot more stable, and she had fertility issues (though apparently not as much as she thought, because she got pregnant unassisted)... I couldn't help but think "That's what you get for wishing children on me"... fortunately she wanted a baby, so it's a good thing for her.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Hey gang?

How about this?

"My tolerance for kids ends when I leave this building/walk through the front door of my house/apartment/whatever" ?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.