logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hey everybody. I'm hoping to find people who relate to my situation. I hope this post doesn't come out too conceited.

I'm very confused about how males perceive me. For example, in the places that I'm NOT confident, like at school or the days when I don't think my make-up is perfect (lol) they don't even acknowledge my existence and will even make fun of me at times. But in places where I'm am confident, like at a concert or in areas where people don't know me too well (Wal-mart, etc.) or when I feel 100% sure of myself, they will actually notice me, most of the guys will do double takes and do the typical "You're sexy" (tee-hee) kind of actions. I've never understood how I could go to such different extremes. Being completely unnoticed one second and totally worshipped (trying not to sound conceited) the next. I've tried faking confidence at times, when at school and such, and it doesn't produce the same results. People still ignore me. I can even be in the same environment such as places where I am usually confident, such as Wal-mart, and as long as I'm not completely sure of myself, nobody will notice me. I don't understand why this is...I'm sure it has something to do with the whole confidence thing but how can you go from one extreme to the next. So I guess I'm looking for an answer also. But if you are in a similar situation, even if it's not your looks, then please post. I'd love to know there are people similar to me.

Thanks for reading. smile

Last edited by Stephanie A.; 07/07/07 01:28 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Shark
Shark
B
I think alot has to do with your confidence. I think its because when you are feeling confident, you project that you look like your outgoing or it could even be your standing straighter. It all plays a role.

When you feel not so confident, i think what happens is that the energy you project is "stay a way from me" and maybe you don't want to be noticed because "your makeup is not right".

I sometimes feel like that. I notice that regardless if i'm wearing makeup or not, it all depends on my confidence. On days that i feel blech...you can see it in my face, my attitude my posture...but on days that i'm on top of the world i guess you can say my aura is that much different..the whole bounce in your step thing.

G
G
It definatly has to do with confidence. the guys probably pick up on your confidence at wal mart and say your sexy. At school, just be yourself. Those people won't matter in the long run, esp. if they are making fun of you

Live life to the fullest...and look good doing it
Tateossian
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Originally Posted By: Anastasia-Beauty B's
I think alot has to do with your confidence. I think its because when you are feeling confident, you project that you look like your outgoing or it could even be your standing straighter. It all plays a role.

When you feel not so confident, i think what happens is that the energy you project is "stay a way from me" and maybe you don't want to be noticed because "your makeup is not right".

I sometimes feel like that. I notice that regardless if i'm wearing makeup or not, it all depends on my confidence. On days that i feel blech...you can see it in my face, my attitude my posture...but on days that i'm on top of the world i guess you can say my aura is that much different..the whole bounce in your step thing.

This is very true.

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.