logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
allysa Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Writing a blog can be an enjoyable experience. Some people can even spend hours in the internet writing new content for their blog. A blog that is frequented by a lot of visitors each day can be gratifying and exciting. Also, it�s not a secret anymore that business owners often use blogging in promoting their business. Let�s talk about some valuable tips on how you can a write a more efficient blog entry.

1. Write articles to express your opinion.
If you�re using your blog for online marketing, you don�t necessarily have to write promotional articles all the time. Writing an article that expresses your opinion about an issue is an effective way to attract more readers to your blog. Sharing your own personal views and perspective about a certain subject never fails to move readers to leave a comment and give their reaction about the opinion you shared especially if it�s on a hot topic. Some people may agree with you while others may not. In both ways, you still win because you have effectively encouraged participation. Also, people will be more likely to check out your blog often because they�ll be curious about which topic you�ll be discussing about next time.

2. Word Count
A good entry doesn�t have to be a long one. If you can write a short post that is packed with useful information, your readers will really appreciate you. Everyone�s time is valuable and nobody wants to waste an entire fifteen minutes reading one post. Most people don�t have the patience to read a very long entry. If you keep posting lengthy entries, your readers might get tired checking you out. If you really must post a long one, make sure that every paragraph is important and enlightening. Write in a conversational, uplifting tone.

3. Use Bulleted Lists
Bulleted lists are an effective way to get your point across without writing a lengthy post. If you�re reader is in a hurry, he can simply scan through each bullet and learn new and useful information right away.

READ MORE ABOUT:
Seven Valuable Tips For Writing a Blog Entry

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Not bad -- though the tips aren't really anything new. Good to keep in mind, though.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
For those of us who are freelance writers, blogs are a great place to post all our various writings all in one unconnected place!

We can put whatever we like, in any order or as we write new articles so anyone interested can keep up with us.

For example, Bella readers who enjoy my short stories articles might be interested to know what else I write, and for who. Blogs are places where we can link them all together.

I post links to my Bella articles on mine, among other things! I also posted my vacation online photo-journal from London there. Both very different, but it doesn't matter on our own blogs!

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
My blog is basically my thoughts out loud on lots of subjects.

I'm interested in so many things, and don't always get to talk about them with other people - so I blog about them. I'm not looking to be a prolific writer, just a release of pent up ideas and words.

Occasionally my blogs do have important ideas - and I'll say so at the top.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
One of my blogs is a handy place to gather all my posted articles that I write for different sites all in one place! This can be fun, for fans from the different sites to see what else we write and do, when we don't 'have our bella hats on!'

The other started out as a vacation journal/pics for family - and turned into a web page! (See, I felt lazy even on vacation if I wasn't writing!)

Amoeba
Amoeba
Chelle, I'm at the point where I'm more like you. Blogging on one specific topic seems to have become the way not to go through the hassle of web design. There are a number of "blogs" I visit that really are more "website" than "blog." I still like to write on my personal blog with information that's pertinent to whatever's happening today in my life.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Scribefire

Have you heard of this service? I'm just doing some research on it to place a review of it for my Newbie Web Writers Site.

It's a system where you save all your blog entries/images/media while you're working on your blog. This stops them 'dropping out of cyberspace' while you're still writing! This happens more and more, such as the recent bugs with IE.

Sooo infuriating, after an hour's work!

Shark
Shark
I haven't heard of Scribefire, but I write all my blog posts in a Word document, then copy them into Wordpress. That way, if Wordpress ever has a serious problem, I'll at least have my blog posts as Word documents!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Also Komposer is being talked about at the moment - any other good text editors out there?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Talking Blogs

I've been keeping a few blog notes about each latest blog 'gadget' that appears on the scene.

Heard about a service you can add that delivers your blog in audio. It's from a company called Odiogo - anyone else tried it yet, or heard?

I wrote about it here

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.