Next Thread
Print Thread
#333027 08/05/07 02:34 PM
B
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
B
I've been busy decluttering my house, what with a sick husband underfoot and all his medical gear, and I found I was not getting as far as I liked. It occurred to me that I was neglecting my own needs quite a bit, letting my various thoughts ramble around uncaptured, which was causing me confusion and adding to the clutter! So I was inspired to come up with a system to deal with my mental clutter that is helping me clear away both that and our physical clutter:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Shark
Shark
P
Good article.

Especially this tip you have given-

The brain needs to be handled just like we would any other storage medium. While we can�t literally throw out memory files from our brains, we can �clean house� occasionally by writing things down. We can free up areas, as well, to be more creative and responsive to our work and goals by not forcing our brains to remember trivial things, such as phone numbers, birthdays or anything that doesn�t further our goal path and can easily be recorded in a planner or hard copy file system for easy referral.

J
Koala
Koala
J
Great article! I know my brain needs to be downloaded every once in a while to keep the stress level down.

My husband is always trying to explain something to me about the car or whatever but I tell him I only have so much room in my brain and that info just falls right out.

I think we can try and protect our brain from too much info too, like watching the news all the time or even reading all the info available on the interet. Sometimes our brain just needs to rest!

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
thats a good one,Barbara :-)

Life is great & i love it!
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Originally Posted By: joanj
Great article! I know my brain needs to be downloaded every once in a while to keep the stress level down.

My husband is always trying to explain something to me about the car or whatever but I tell him I only have so much room in my brain and that info just falls right out.

I think we can try and protect our brain from too much info too, like watching the news all the time or even reading all the info available on the interet. Sometimes our brain just needs to rest!

You are so right!

Gecko
Gecko
I'm glad I found your site Barbara, now I know why my brain doesn't seem to be operating at full capacity LOL.

Wolf
Wolf
I have seen people remembering all tel. nos. Why not use a tel diary?

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/13/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/13/24 06:20 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.