Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
Here is a mish mosh of some old and new, some confirmed and rumored news and updates in the world of comic book movies.

Namor (2008): The Submariner � Jonathon Mostow, writer, director (Terminator 3, U-571) Rumored lead actor � David Boreanaz.

Thor (2009)� Director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake, Stardust) may be wooing Kevin McKidd (Rome) to play the part of the Norse God. A fine choice!

Luke Cage (2009)/Black Panther (?) - while it is a definite that John Singleton will direct Luke Cage, is rumored that he is also attached to the Black Panther film as well. Tyrese Gibson is presently in talks to star as Luke Cage and Chiwetel Ejiofor (Serenity) is rumored to be up for the part of Black Panther.

Wolverine(2009) � Director Gavin Hood � can�t wait to see how he does with the November release thriller, "Rendition", starring Reese Witherspoon. Don�t know much about this director so Rendition will be the gauge for his abilities directing an �action� film.

Watchmen � the cast � Carla Gugino (Sin City, Entourage) Sally Jupiter : Billy Crudup (Almost Famous, The Good Shepherd), Jon Osterman : Patrick Wilson (Running With Scissors, Hard Candy), the Night Owl : Jeffrey Dean Morgan(Grey�s Anatomy), The Comedian, : Jackie Earl Haley (Little Children), Rorschach : Malin Akerman (Harold and Kumar GTWC), Laurie Juspeczyk : Matthew Goode, (Matchpoint, Chasing Liberty) Ozymandias.

Teen Titans � sometime in 2009 with no rumored director or actors attached at this time.

The Incredible Hulk (2008) � rebooted thank Stan Lee! Director, Louis Leterrier (The Transporter), Edward Norton as Bruce Banner and Liv Tyler as Betty Ross.

Dr. Strange � WOOT! My personal fav Marvel Hero. Marvel is looking for a director right now. Who should play the Sorcerer Supreme? Your feedback is welcome.

Captain America (2010?) � David Self may be writing the script, Marvel says it will be the next movie after Thor and Hulk.

The Spirit(2009) � the amazing Scarlet Johansson will be playing Silken Floss in the Frank Miller directed film based on Will Eisner�s comic. Also starring Gabriel Macht (The Good Shepherd, White Out) as The Spirit and Samuel L. Jackson as The Octopus.

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army (summer 2008)� Guillermo and Ron are back!

30 Days of Night � just a reminder to look for this upcoming vampire movie based on the comic by Steve Niles and Ben Templesmith. ETA October 19,2007.

Kirsten Olsen-Keyser
SF/Fantasy Movies
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
AND MORE UPDATES:

Wanted � June 27 2008
James McAvoy - Wesley, Morgan Freeman - Sloan, Terence Stamp - Pekwar, Thomas Kretschmann - Cross, Common - The Gunsmith, Angelina Jolie - Fox, Kristen Hager - Cathy, Marc Warren - The Repairman, David O'Hara - Mr. X, Konstantin Khabensky - The Exterminator, Dato Bakhtadze - The Butcher, Chris Pratt - Barry, Lorna Scott - Janice

The Punisher: War Zone � ETA September 2008
No Thomas Jane for this film, he sited �creative differences�. Ray Stevenson will replace him. This movie is a not necessarily a sequel as it will have a totally different look and feel to it as well as being a stand alone story.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine � ETA May 2009
Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, Taylor Kitsch as Remy Lebeau, Dominic Monaghan as Barnell Bohusk, Liev Schreiber as Victor Creed, Lynn Collins as Silver Fox, Daniel Henney as Agent Zero.

GI-Joe � ETA August 2009
Dennis Quaid as General Hawk, Rachel Nichols as Scarlett O�Hara, Ray Park as Snake Eyes, Sienna Miller as The Baroness, Channing Tatum as Duke, Christopher Eccleston as Destro, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Heavy Duty,
Rumored � Marlon Wayans as Ripcord, Arnold Vosloo as Zartan.

Green Lantern - Warner Brothers has announced that Greg Berlanti is set to direct the new live action Green Lantern movie. Berlanti will pen the script with Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green. With credits like Everwood and Dawson�s Creek, Berlanti is a strange choice to direct an action/hero film. Guggenheim has written for Brothers and Sisters and Law and Order and if this is the Michael Green who brought is such greats as Waterworld and XXX-State of the Union, well, I don�t have high hopes for this film.

SHAZAM! � ETA 2009
Peter Segal set to direct and rumor has it that it will be a more serious film with elements of humor along the lines of Big. (This sounds so much better then the original idea of madcap humor!) The Rock will play Black Adam.

The Spirit � 2009 release confirmed.
Cast confirmed as follows: Gabriel Macht - The Spirit / Denny Colt , Scarlett Johansson- Silken Floss, Eva Mendes - Sand Saref , Samuel L. Jackson - The Octopus , Jaime King - Lorelei Rox , Paz Vega - Plaster of Paris, Sarah Paulson - Ellen Dolan

OTHER RUMORS:

Y-The Last Man - is gaining favor.
JLA - is on hold � again.
Wonder Woman � Dead in the water.
Thundercats � 2010 release?
Thor � slated for 2009, Matthew Vaughn is still at the helm, No Thor has been found yet.
Sub-Mariner � 2010 release? Director Jonathan Mostow is still attached to this film.
Sin City 2 � most of the original cast is back for the second installment due out in 2009. Johnny Depp is rumored to be in this film in some fashion.

Last edited by Kirsty - SF/F Movie Chick; 05/23/08 01:02 AM.

Kirsten Olsen-Keyser
SF/Fantasy Movies
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Aw, that's too bad about Wonder Woman being dead in the water. I enjoyed the 70s show (of course I was a kid - I liked practically anything LOL). Smallville is doing so well, I was hoping a gal superhero could hold her own too.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I went to see Iron Man this past Saturday.

OMG! It was so good. Go see it. Robert Downey Jr. does a wonderful job (but I'm a fan of his anyway).

It's fun, action packed, and serious all at the same time.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
When I first heard that he was playing Iron Man sometime last year, I had my misgivings coz I thought he lacked the height to play Tony Stark. But yeah, Robert Downey Jr. rocks in this movie. He's so cool here.

Did you get to watch the short scene at the end of the credits? smile

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yes, we stayed until after the credits. That was a treat. I hope they really do a sequel.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com

Moderated by  Gillian ClassicalMusic 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.