logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Holly, You're welcome and I hope that it helped! wink It is good to have YOU back and you do sound like your usual self, which is good. I have had some trouble getting on the last few days, too. I think with all the changes that are happening here at Bella, they must be "tweaking" things!

When you write about your walks, they bring alot of beautiful, funny, cute images of nature to mind. They make me visualize the walks right along with you. It is much like the way I feel when I watch mama duck sitting on her nest in my flower bed. And then few weeks later, her baby ducklings have hatched and she leads them off to the beach. Nature gives us so much to visualize when we can't actually be in nature. smile

I am glad that you are feeling better and hope that you are less stressed. wink

Trish

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Yes Trish. Nature is very beautiful.

Shark
Shark
Thank you all for your warm thoughts towards me and my family.

My Step Dad was a wonderful man. At his funeral, there were not enough seats for the people who wanted to celebrate his life. He was one of those men who left a legacy of positive impact on those around him. He never preached his faith, he only lived it by loving others.

Whenever he saw something about himself that he didn't like, he changed it. The effect was tremendous on those around him, although I think he was oblivious to the fact.

This led me to think about a question for us to ponder here. What positive impact would you like to have on the world around you?

I ask this question because I believe if you have the desire to do it, the WAY to do it will come to you.

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
I think if we can love our friends that would be good.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yes, love our friends, our neighbors and even our enemies. I think it would be good to treat others as we would like to be treated. That is a VERY positive impact that we could have on ourselves and the world.

And wouldn't it be wonderful if EVERYONE were comletely HONEST all the time? Like Jim Carey was in the movie LIAR, LIAR.

Love others, honesty with ourselves and others. and treating others as we want to be treated are very important ways to empower ourselves, and to make a difference in our world. smile

Trish

Shark
Shark
Hi Manjari and Trish,

Yes, I agree that the answer is tied up in love.

When we are impacted by true love, we all begin to bloom. (Perhaps because we are more convinced of our own value.)

I believe every one of us has unique beauty and love to share with the world. As we recognize our own value and abilities, we
become more comfortable and confident in using them.

We are meant to share our individual giftings with others, to build them up and encourage them to know they are special. When we then commit to share our true selves with the world, the positive impact on others is tremendous!

Our freedom to be ourselves also inspires others to walk in freedom. When we choose to live fully alive, we are not walking in the fear of what others think or how we could be hurt. Instead, we are free to love others more lavishly.

We are not threatened when someone else begins to bloom. Instead, we are excited to see them become all they can be. We can even more effectively encourage them when we are not focused on ourselves. In turn, they are affirmed to be their authentic self and share their love and abilities with the world.

May every one of us seek to be all we have been created to be. We are much more valuable and capable than we often realize.

We CAN make a huge difference in this world, starting by accepting our own value and reaching out to others so they can find out that they too, are loved and valuable.

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Shark
Shark
Originally Posted By: hollyelise
Well... i was afraid to say anything until i'd tried it a while... but you know how my goal was to set 3 tasks a day and do those tasks, at least 18 of them a week? (so that i could learn i can rely on myself and so that i can feel like i can make progress and not avoid things)...

well... back when i posted that idea to do ten times more of something to get a paradigm shift, do you remember? ...i decided to try it. I didn't want to tell anyone because i knew i'd be pushing myself hard (since i was having trouble doing the 3 things). And for a little while, it did indeed backfire and a little bad spell where i got super stressed and then a little depressed, but it caused a shift, and now i'm accomplishing about 80% of what i plan to do in the day, only i'm listing 7 or 8 things!!!!!!!

I still feel really LAME when it comes to functioning and accomplishing things but even so, this is a BIG improvement for me. And i've been stressed and sometimes getting headaches but aside from two really bad nights, i'm not having nightmares either. smile It's been now about... mmm... 2 weeks? Not sure. I wish i'd kept better records but it started out badly, i felt depressed at first and was just a lump and had to let myself do nothing for almost a week just to lower the stress, but then when my stress started to lower i found i actually wanted to be doing things.

This has given me a slightly different look at myself... a little more confidence. I'm just going to try to hold steady at what i'm doing now... 7 things a day... still want to do 18 of them each week or accomplish about 90% of them, so i'll keep working on that consistency of doing what i plan. And i just want to hold steady to this for a while... what do you guys think, a month? two months? ...and then i'll plan the nature of the next "push."

smile

Hi Holly, somehow I missed this post with everything that was happening....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! YOU GO, GIRL! laugh

As far as when you're ready to take the next step, take it when you are ready, but remember a little discomfort about unfamiliar territory isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes, the discomfort is a little sign post that we are indeed moving into new territory. That's exactly where we WANT to be!

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
yes. Thank you Tami for your encouragement and the reminder i'd made some gains. I'd also quit having nightmares for a little while, and that was quite a great relief and i hadn't expected it. I've back-slid since then... just too much stress from the effort to move into new territory and i couldn't handle it. But now i'll try again. Perhaps slower. I know that finding things to look forward to in my day, and at the end of it looking back at the best parts with gratitude, really helps me keep my focus in a better place and can help lift my moods and i should do that always. I'm trying to do more for improving my income. I've learned i have to be careful though, and not try too much improvement and change at once, because it is too stressful. Too much stress and the effort collapses in on itself, and i sometimes become physically quite sick.

I've missed people here at Bella. Friendship makes a big difference in life and i've missed the cheery banter and thoughtful discussions. I hadn't realized how much strength it gave me.

Shark
Shark
Hi Holly,

I should have read this post first before reading the other one. I'm glad you are strengthened by your friends here at Bella and I hope you consider me one of them.

Well, something good has still happened. You've learned something more about how you really can challenge yourself and grow. You've also learned what your exact limits are at this time.

I too, am quite familiar with what you are talking about. Having had a long recovery from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I still have to be careful. When I push too hard, I crash too. I'm having to rejuvenate from this family grieving situation even as I write this.

I'm in one of those stages where I am deciding to honour my sensitivity. I'm recognizing that sensitivity is a gift. I just need to learn how to use it effectively so I don't crash when I feel the emotions of people around me. Usually, I do pretty well, but this time I took on a little too much. My latest intention is to be loving and gentle with myself.

Holly, I really encourage you to be loving and gentle with yourself too. You are a beautiful person who just ran into the outside parameter of your current personal challenge growth rate.

You are fully capable of getting to where you want to be. You just need to balance it all within where you are at right now. I'm still quite excited for you. Look how far you have come! Can you see this as a little blip in your progress as a temporary bump in the road? You may have gotten thrown in the ditch with your knees scraped, but gosh darn it, you're still further down the road than you were before! laugh

Anyhow, I'm sending loving thoughts your way.

Warmly,

Tami

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Thank you Tami.

I took on too much too, so i can sympathize. And i know how hard it can be when there is a death in the family and people are emotional.

I'm trying to hang on right now to what's already in the works until mid September but i'm very strained and it's almost certain i can't get everything done and then i'll be disappointing people, some will be angry, and there will be costly consequences for me and i'll be upset. I'm getting very worried.

I keep thinking, what can i drop, or what can i put off for later? ...trying to prioritize. But everything is time sensitive and promises have been made, and i want to fill as much as i can, but i also have to find a way of taking care of myself and feel less stressed.

It helps me to have fun or at least "goof off" some of the time and do whatever i want, particularly "nothing of import." It helps to talk to people too, but everyone else is busy and i should be busy too so i feel very guilty when i try to give myself what i need. Especially when it's hard for others to understand that i need to do some "nothing" and more of it when i'm stressed.

Do you get something like that with the chronic fatigue? I know many people don't understand that. How do you manage?

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.