logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#334226 08/15/07 04:29 PM
J
OP Offline
J
What paranormal topics interest you the most?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
This is a great topic! Anything about haunted places is interesting.

One thing you could do for an article is how to find a psychic who is for real. How do you know?

joanj #334266 08/15/07 10:12 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I have a hard time believing in the paranormal but the ghost sightings fascinate me.

The secretary of my guidance counselor in ninth grade told me a story of her son who bought a house with his wife.

They had dogs and would whimper everytime they went near the basement door of this house and then each night an image of a little girl would walk downstairs from the second floor, calling for her mommy.

They were a bit scared at first but then learned to live with it to the point of just ignoring it, because she would just walk down the stairs, call for her mommy and then walk halfway back up and disappear.

One night the husband had some guys over for a poker game and this one guy who was smoking a big cigar, saw the image of the girl and when she walked back upstairs, the guy said, "I think your daughter was just down here looking for her mother."

The husband replied, "That's impossible. We don't have any children."

She told me that the cigar dropped out of his mouth and he bolted from the house without saying another word.

I will never forget that story. I think the couple assumed that the mother and maybe the daughter were killed in the basement or something and the dogs sense something is wrong down there and that is why they whimper and avoid the cellar.

Ghosts may or may not exist and so may U.F.O.'s, I just don't believe in them but I am fascinated by the stories and the sightings.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
joanj #334462 08/17/07 09:42 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Hi joan. yes finding a person who is truly psychic and not telling you what you want to hear for $100 is hard to find. The one thing I have learned is it is best to find one via word of mouth. If a few people have said that someone they went to is good, then go with them. Experienced tarot card readers are good to go to as well.

J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: WrestlingEditorVance
I have a hard time believing in the paranormal but the ghost sightings fascinate me.

Vance, you should go on investigation! I have hundreds of hours of voice recordings and video of ghost and other phenomenon. My parents are investigators and I have been all over the midwest with them. For me, something has to be proven to me for me to believe it is true.

The story you told sounds creepy. It sounds like something did happen in that house. Sometimes if something violent occurs in a house or other place, the event gets an energy imprint and it never goes away unless something is done by someone.

J
Koala
Koala
J
Jaide, thanks for the advice. I had my tarot cards done one time and it was great!

Dallas is having a psychic fair in Oct so my daughter and I are going. I've very interested in energy healing and that sort of thing.

It must be a very interesting experience to go on a real investigation. I've read many books about "ghost hunters" only these days it's getting to be such a science!

You should write some articles about the investigations you've been on.

joanj #334479 08/17/07 11:50 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: joanj
Jaide, thanks for the advice. I had my tarot cards done one time and it was great!

Dallas is having a psychic fair in Oct so my daughter and I are going. I've very interested in energy healing and that sort of thing.

It must be a very interesting experience to go on a real investigation. I've read many books about "ghost hunters" only these days it's getting to be such a science!

You should write some articles about the investigations you've been on.

I have planned on writing articles on the different places I have been in the midwest. I don't know if you read my intro or not. I went on my first "hunt" when I was 9 going on 10. It wasn't supposed to be very frightening, that is why my parents let me and my brothers tag along. It was in an old creepy victorian house (which are usually creepy anyways and usually have some sort of energy or ghost in them.). The couple who lived there were scared to live there because of a spirit who seemed angry or mad about something. My dad ended up getting pushed down the basement steps, one of the tape recorders we were using overheated and burst into flames, and we literally saw an entity "leave" the body of the man of the house. My dad has pictures of him somewhere and has told me I can use them here on the site. He just has to find them. I was scared to death yet fascinated at the same time!

Psychic fairs are always soooo fun! I am sure you will enjoy it. The psychic fairs that happen around here are usually picky about the psychics they bring in because they don't want any frauds ripping people off. Are you speaking of Reiki healing as in energy healing? I have wanted to learn Reiki but I don't have time right now.

I find the word "paranormal" a little unsettling, because I find subjects often called paranormal are actually quite normal, or at least in my own experience.

My favorite topic is cryptozoology, especially vampires. There are more and more people who are taking to the vampire "lifestyle" and in a very real sense are redefining the term.

I'm no psychic, but I am a tea leaf reader from a family with a heritage of tea leaf readers. The real talent there is to see abstract forms and patterns in the leaves and use them to assemble a useful reading.

Chaos. Panic. Anarchy. My work here is done.
J
OP Offline
J
Yes, I really don't like the word paranormal either. I come from a long line of psychics, mediums, channelers, gypsy's, seers, etc.

I have thought about doing articles on what is called sanguerian (I think that is how you spell it) people but I don't want to offend anyone.

There is a new show starting this fall about a vampire who is a detective, I believe it is on CBS. I can't think of the name of the show but it is going to be on after Ghostwhisperer. I can't wait to see it!

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.