Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
First off, congrats to the con for selling out for the time EVER! The place looked absolutely packed with nerds, er ah, sci-fi, fantasy and comic book "fans".

FUTURAMA - is getting new episodes on Comedy Central with all original cast members signed on. FOX has the option to air the series but will most likely not take it. Can I hear a WOOT!

STAR TREK REBOOTED - Zachary Quinto (Sylar on Heroes) will in fact be playing Spock as well as Leonard Nimoy! Sounds like a cameo flashback to me. Simply entitled, Star Trek, what is essentially the eleventh movie will supposedly take us on some adventures that Spock and Kirk had, most likely before Bones joined the ship's crew. This film is not being labeled as a "re-imagining" so much as a re-boot of a movie franchise that has been floundering since, well, the original cast left! I am looking forward to what Abrams has in store! It worked for Batman why not Trek as well?

TOKYO POP � announced another Star Trek manga coming soon that will be based on the Next Generation.

SHOOT EM UP - starring Clive Owen, Paul Giamatti and Monica Bellucci looks BRILLIANT and guns down theaters Sept. 7. Check out the offical website for the trailer

IRONMAN - Some folks got to see a specially made sneak preview of this new Marvel comic movie and were blown away! Starring Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow it hits theaters in 2008.

THE DARK KNIGHT � the official trailer (voices only, no screen shots) has been leaked on to You Tube, but be wary of those fake fans made ones - look for the one marked "NO FAN [censored] REAL DEAL" or something to that effect. After hearing the voice work by Heath Ledger, I am now even more excited to see this film. Nice job Heath and let me go on record as saying everyone should just shut up an give you a chance to play the Clown Prince of Crime!

J.J. ABRAMS - along with the big announcement that the character of Michael would be returning to his TV show LOST, Abrams put to rest any speculation that "Cloverfield" was a remake or sequel movie. He simply hinted that it was time America got its own version of Godzilla!

WHITE OUT � based on the comic book by Greg Rucka and Steve Lieber, this murder/ thriller set in Antarctica stars Kate Beckinsale. If you have not read this graphic novel, I highly recommend it and its sequels Whiteout: Melt and the upcoming Whiteout: Thaw.

And last but not least�.

DARK SHADOWS � The classic 1960�s gothic, soap opera is hitting the big screen and none other than JOHNNY DEPP will be playing Collinwood�s resident vampire Barnabas Collins.

Kirsten Olsen-Keyser
SF/Fantasy Movies
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Kirsty - SF/F Movie Chick
IRONMAN - Some folks got to see a specially made sneak preview of this new Marvel comic movie and were blown away! Starring Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow it hits theaters in 2008.

DARK SHADOWS � The classic 1960�s gothic, soap opera is hitting the big screen and none other than JOHNNY DEPP will be playing Collinwood�s resident vampire Barnabas Collins.

Cannot wait for Ironman - I am a huge fan of anything Marvel. Although when I first heard Stark was being played by Robert Downey, Jr. I was like "huh?" I like him as an actor, just can't picture him in this role. But he's surprised me before, so I'm looking forward to it.

So psyched about DARK SHADOWS!!!!!!! I loved this show - both it's original 1960 incarnation, and the remake they did in the 90's (?) or thereabouts. I was so disappointed when they cancelled it. But Johnny Depp is awesome for the role, he brings to life any character he plays - or would that be an oxymoron for a vampire? But, COOL!!!! laugh

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Shark
Shark
I have also read that they announce some Narnia news for the upcoming Prince Caspian and introduced the actor who will play Prince Caspian, Ben Barned.. looks like it will be fantastic!

Disney Blog

It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success. - David Feherty

Moderated by  Gillian ClassicalMusic 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.