Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Hi Amadeus... I have finally reached a point in my spiritual evolution where I am content to allow everyone to believe as they will. My advanced Hospice training is teaching me things about life and death that are really quite simple, but at the same time very profound.

I have witnessed death from all angles now, and the one thing that I KNOW to be true is that those who believe in SOMETHING have an easier time during their last few days on this earth than those who do not.

Belief can move mountains....

So, whatever belief fills someone up with love, makes their life worth living, and brings them peace and harmony can never be offensive.

Love and Light... Linda

Linda Paul
Tarot
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Koala
Koala
E
Here's a way out idea. Has anyone considered whether the various beliefs in "godness" are really the same thing? Perhaps it transforms (bad word choice I know) according to the needs of the believer - Amadeus believes in Jesus, Linda believes in the Goddess, maybe they are forms of the same "One"? At a stretch, even the despotic biblical god could be a facet of the One if the believers desperately needed a vengeful, disciplinarian to believe in.

Just throwing this in the pot for contemplation, not saying I believe it to be true or anything...

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
elle #330254 07/22/07 02:10 AM
Koala
Koala
lol pot luck topic!!!

There are many that believe that way that all God(dess) (s) are just One Diety with many forms.....

others believe in all God(dess)(s) are there own and the only true WAY

others believe in the MAny Paths to the same place!!

I think I believe more in there are two forces Good and Evil and humans fall in the middle some where.... we either make choice to make us Good and better or bad and evil.... I dont tend to believe there are evil Gods Godesss whatever but I think there is one Creater that made everything else and that Creator wants us to be good or deletes us in the end if we do Evil.....

Now I dont care what you would like to Call the Creator or if the Creator is male or female one two or 999999999999 of them of if they have muliple personalitys or whatever and I dont make a big deal if you dont believe at all!!!

I think people get so hung up on stuff like that. I look at it this way; if I was the Creator would I care if a good person that trys to be kind and help others when they can calls me a man when I am a female that they have never seen? would i care if they believed I was 3 in one and its just me? or would I care if there are many others in my Diety and they think it is just me? in the big picture of all things Diety I think that there are bigger issues the gender and #'s!! but thats me....

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I don't really BELIEVE in a Goddess.. I like to picture the unknown creator that way.. there is a difference there. Actually, I haven't got the foggiest idea of why we are here or where we are going.

I am sure that all the different deities out there.. God, Goddess, Allah, etc., are just descriptions of what a creator MIGHT be.

Love and Light..

Linda Paul
Tarot
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Maybe, but I will just stick to calling Him God. smile

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Goddess bless you Vance. smile

Linda Paul
Tarot
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Thank you Linda wink

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.