logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
Y
OP Offline
Y
Yeah. Also, in a tone of voice that is either dripping with judgement, oozing with condescention(breeders are martyrs after all) and/or saturated with pity(we are CF and we are missing out on sooo much!).

Let's face it though, most are so jealous of our freedom, they are gangrenous! That's why my hubby has heard from 2 of his friends within the past week who have kids, to NOT have any!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
F
It always bugs me to hear people say that children are little blessings from God. Not if I don't want one. To a CF person, who has zero desire to have a child, it would not be a blessing. To some it is a blessing, but to others it is not a blessing.

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
What I never get is why some people - especially in-laws - get SO excited and can freak out when they hear someone in the family is expecting? You never, ever see that kind of reaction during any other point in the child's life except when it's found out they're on the way! That just irks me.

Katie
Parakeet
Parakeet
It is the genes screaming out "part of me is going to live on! Woo hoo!" But good, logical thinking can overcome the gene's desire to scream out, with the, how was it said, "look of horror" when learning that a friend/coworker/boss is pregnant.

T
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
T
HERE'S ONE FOR Y'ALL:

Upon learning that I had applied to be a Big Sister with the Be A Friend Program, I got the following comments before I stopped telling people:

1. "You don't like kids! Why would you want to do that??" (Um, I don't dislike kids. I don't want any. BIG Difference!

2. "What do you know about raising kids?" (Hmm. I'm pretty sure I won't be RAISING the child. I'll be being a FRIEND. A positive influence! A few days a month!)

3. "That doesn't sound like something you would do." (Okay. So now I'm an evil cretin that isn't charitable? These are comments from people who know me, and have in the past said how caring and generous I am...)

Why does the world go nuts when it comes to not wanting kids? If I had my own kid(s) I certainly wouldn't have the time/$$ to donate to charity...

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
People just always assume the worst when you express your dis-interest in having kids. It immediately becomes "she/he doesn't want kids because they must not like them". That's today's "child-centered" society for you! It's a shame that people can't see the good in what you are doing, though. Why not just be happy when you hear someone is giving back to the society you're a part of??

Katie
Y
OP Offline
Y
TheBlonde:

That is ashame that you can't be comfortable sharing the fact that you are doing such a selfless act for kids.

I have been thinking about suggesting to people who have/had kids, who feel the need to question me about my CF position(particularly the IL's), that maybe they should volunteer some of their time with children not of their "loins" if they love kids SO MUCH, and really be the self-sacrificing person that they think they are just because they "spawned". I'm considering daring them to do that instead of harassing ME about being CF.

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
Here's an odd thing I have heard several times regarding having kids:

"Don't you just want to have one so you can see what he/she will look like?"

If I wanted to have a child for that reason, I could go to one of those machines in the mall where you pay $1 to have my husbands' and my picture meshed together.

And someone commented in another post about the suggestion:

"It's always different when it's your own."

But I'm curious....what does "different" mean exactly? They never do say "better" or "less hectic" or even "more fun"...just "different". Hmmmmm....

Katie
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
"You would have made a good father." The receptionist at the doctor's office where my fiance got his vasectomy said this to my fiance. Unreal. How do random strangers know whether someone would be a good parent?

Save your own life - don't have kids!
Gecko
Gecko
I would have asked to speak with her supervisor.

I'm sure she meant no harm, but doctor's offices are places that deal with sensitive issues. I mean, a voluntary vas is one thing. But such a boundary-less person would probably have said the same thing to a woman who'd just had a hysterectomy due to cancer...who'd had no kids, and who'd wanted them.

Wowza.

Meet CF couples and singles in your city!

Browse a list of CF Meetups on Meetup.com:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.