logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
lala21 #332746 08/03/07 10:54 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Lala, that's GREAT! YAY, for you, indeed! 2 months is wonderful! You are definitely a NON-SMOKER now! I am so glad to hear how good your hubby is doing, too!

Your trip sounds like it was fantastic. I showed my husband all the information and told him that I would love to go there, too. Maybe some day. I am glad that you gave me more information about how they are set up and actually owned. That is pretty cool! It's a good idea, too! It would be nice to have enought money to build a big place on a desirable spot for tourists, that could have 2 or 3 rental units (or condos) that would bring in extra income. That would be divine to live in a place like that AND make money to help pay for it, too.

I'm glad that ya'll had a great time! Vacations are always TOO short. At least you have another one to look forward to in a few more months. smile Lucky you!! laugh

Take care of yourself and keep up the good work with all your CLEAN AIR!

Trish

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Sue, how are things working out for you? Are you still spending time on yourself? How about taking time to smell the flowers and watch the birds? Things really do seem different without cigarettes to dull our senses, don't they?

Has your boyfriend finished his job away from home yet? How much longer will he be gone?

Take care of yourself and get some rest. Do some deep breathing exercises to make your lungs feel better and remember that I am thinking of you and praying for you. God bless you, Sue! smile

Trish

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
hey ladies smile its been awhile so I thought Id pop in and say hello!

HEEEELLLLOOOO!!! smile

HUbby has officially made it over 1 month smoke free! YIPPPPEEE!!! and Im allllllmost at 4 months!!! Mom is still struggling with quitting, but I think she has cut down quite a bit so thats good smile

How about you Sue???

lala21 #335736 08/24/07 02:47 AM
H
Koala
Koala
H
OH MY GOODNESS !!!

It can't be that long! Can it?

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
wait I lied... oops... I guess its 3 months coming up! hahaha but feels like I was never a smoker! lol

June 1st was my last smoke

lala21 #335746 08/24/07 03:19 AM
H
Koala
Koala
H
HAHAHAHA!

No... you were PROJECTING! laugh You WILL be a non-smoker in 4 months.

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
And now it's November 13th.. Ive been smoke free not even one single puff for just about 5 1/2 months!!! WOW! It feels like I was never a smoker! Sometimes I do miss it but generally it's not even a thought. It's amazing how easy it was this time.

Hubby is still not smoking either its been since our anniversary, July 22nd. So I guess that's 3 1/2 months! YAY FOR US!!!!

Any other successful non smokers here?!

lala21 #353922 11/13/07 03:41 PM
Zebra
Zebra
Ohmigosh, Laura! I haven't seen this thread in ages. I am so very happy for you and your husband! Don't you feel like the coolest person ever! LOL

I made it to the 18 month anniversary and I can't tell you how much it helps in so many ways. I think "I quit smoking, I can do anything!"

I created a lens on squidoo about it--you know, the Great American Smokeout is coming soon, too. So, take a look at my How 2 Quit Smoking lens and let me know what you think--leave a comment at the bottom with what helped you!

I know I've become one of those horrible ex-smokers, but I just want everyone to know they can do it, too!

Congratulations again, Laura--it is a big deal and you should be proud of yourself!

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Thanks Deborah!

It's amazing how after you quit your sense of taste and smell are heightened! I can hardly stand the smell of cigarettes now.. before I never noticed it but man does it stink! We have some freinds who smoke in their house and everytime we come home, we can smell it on ourselves! It's sooo awful! It's interesting too how after you quit, you sometimes feel the need to help others quit! Or you become one of those people who absolutely HATES being around it!

I've told many people.. my parents and friends included, that it really isn't that hard. I honestly think that we MAKE seem harder than it is. Granted, it isn't very pleasant, and it's NOT easy... but it's not impossible either.

I don't think you have to "be ready" ... when are you ever ready anyways? What does that mean? I LOVED smoking.. it was relaxing and it was something to do and it was a social thing... I didn't really want to give it up either, but I knew that it was the best thing to do. There's no arguing that it's not good for you... it's horrible! And I decided to care about myself. That's why I quit. I think that's where people get stuck with quitting... We plan to quit and we convince ourselves that we are ready and we pick a date but when that day rolls around we come up with excuses why one more day or one more week is ok. I don't believe we are ever "ready". We just have to care enough to stop. I plan on becoming a mother in a few years and I didn't want to have bad health and I didn't want to have my future kids exposed to that.. especially by me. And I think that my husband realized that too and saw that if I could do it, he could too.

lala21 #354240 11/15/07 04:02 AM
H
Koala
Koala
H
It is wonderful what you have accomplished. How is your mom doing? I remember you told me she was going to quit also.

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.