Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Koala
Koala
H
oh wow. I loved the detail of the little notch in the one.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
Hi. I am currently knitting a Mickey Mouse sweater for my little 3 year old grandaughter smile

L
L
I am currently working on a) Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket, b) a poncho for my niece c) a hat for my husband (from the book 'Homespun, Handknit,' d) a Coco Chanel sweater for me from 'The Purl Stitch.' There's just so much knitting, and so little time!

Shark
Shark
I'm supposed to be finishing up a pair of fingerless gloves for my daughter using this pattern: http://tinyurl.com/22z6bx

However, I've been slack. I'm 90% done but I keep putting off the last bit. Hopefully, I can talk myself into finishing them before the cold weather is gone!

Dani Sanders, Prime Time TV Ed.
Prime Time TV Website
Prime Time TV Forum
W
W
I just finished my first pair of 2 at a time socks.. Magic Loop method, 5 i-pod covers and now I am knitting a sweater for my 6 week old grand daughter Melanie.Then on to a sweater for my 4 month old grand daughter Sadie.That should keep me out of mischief for a bit.

There is no such thing as too much yarn, or too many needles!! Or too many knitting bags either.
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Socks. I'm working my way through "Knitting Vintage Socks" by Nancy Bush. Except that I'm converting the patterns for using the Magic Loop method as I dislike knitting on DP's which I find to be the equivalent of snuggling up to a hedgehog. One pair finished last night, one pair to be started tonight.

Other than that, I'm working on a gansey for my DH but I'm not quite done with the spinning stage for that yet. Another project for tonight - after the sock is started and just far enough along to be a "grab & go" project.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I'm still working on my nephew to be's Shetland shawl - he's "due" in May but not to be christened till 4 months so there's time. I've had a couple of disasters including the yarn breaking a couple of rows below the one I was knitting - after I had started the borders!! (over 800 stitches to unpick per row and it's cobweb weight waaah). Oh well I'd rather find the yarn broken BEFORE I block it...

I'm also knitting a charcoal coloured cardigan from Simply Knitting magazine and I must cast off and sew in the ends on a scarf I've been knitting for my recent Simple Scarf pattern illustration.

Adding to the UFO's I have to work the second Norwegian Mitten from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Around, and I have a Sasha doll raglan sweater to finish.

H
Koala
Koala
H
Ice Queen got finished some time ago, and now all my knitters want to make one so i'll be doing it again, hahahahaha!

I also finished a cable sweater... Dickinson Pullover in the Fall 2007 Interweave Knits issue. It is really stunning, and i'd recommend the pattern to anyone!!! I'm getting quite a lot of compliments on it. I made it out of 7 balls of Ella Rae Classic, and the yarn was perfect for this. It's a very cheap wool... the whole sweater project only cost $45.50, can you believe it? And the yarn feels soft when knit up but has just enough strength to hold up well in cables without fuzzing out. I could have spent more on yarn, but i don't think other yarn could have performed better... i was very pleased with the Ella Rae! As far as knitting time goes, the project took me about 70 hours, and i'd say i'm only slightly better than average at knitting speed, so it made the project pretty quick for the wow. It IS cable, after all, so 70 hours for a generous pullover really isn't bad. I did find the sizes run large, however. These cables are stretchy, so if you make the pattern, choose a smaller size than you think you need. I think i'll make this again some day in a different color! laugh

Since then i've done a whole bunch of little things and i'm trying to finish up a few UFO's. I'm teaching someone Fair Isle so i have a Fair Isle Hat and Mitts going simultaneously, and then i also finished the lace i was working on and started another piece of lace (a scarf in lace weight yarn). This lace is a free pattern off of the Knit Picks websight... i think it's called Candleflame and i'm doing it in the Alpaca Cloud yarn it recommends. I finished a cotton purse, too... it's pretty simple. It's in the Araucania yarns and the pattern is from one of their books. I'm wanting to teach a workshop in it this summer so i needed to knit up a sample to put in the store window.

Whew! I guess i've accomplished more than i thought i had. I really REALLY should keep a log of my projects. I have two knitting journals kicking around and i haven't written in either one of them. Anyone else like that? laugh

G
G
hello Hollyelise, I am a newbie to kniting,(free lance). I have not learned to read the patterns, and I've got a couple things going on right now. A lapghan, a 60's poncho with a hood, and my experiment with knitting in the round. where would you link me too? "been on Knittinghelp.com ------ my mind is telling me that I want to learn everything "NOW".
GG-MOM
SANDRA
RICHMOND, VA-----------P.S. ARE THERE ANY VIRGINIANS IN HERE?

MATTIE H621
bmadison0919@clearwire.net
H
Koala
Koala
H
KnittingHelp.com is where i most often recommend, because they have those podcast tutorials and the most complete reference to terms. If you have particular questions, i'd be glad to answer or link you to the answer.

Unfortunately, there isn't really a way to "learn to read patterns" like you'd learn to read a language like Spanish... everyone learns pattern terms and pattern-writing-styles as they go and as they need them for their projects... or you're just not likely to remember them. I've knit long enough and seen so many different styles, i know a lot of the obscure terms and facts, like why a yo and a yf are really the same thing, but one is notated by continental knitters and the other by British style knitters... and it only took me 20 years to figure it out! LOL. laugh

There are so many different kinds of knitting, that even most experienced knitters are specialized. They might know cable knitting very well, for instance, but not know lace knitting and color work. I would just try to learn what you would most like to do, and not try to learn stuff that you don't like as much. If the sky's the limit, what would you like to be knitting? Because you'll be surprised how much you can advance your skills in a year, if you just knit a little bit every evening! If you linc to me a picture of a pattern you think is really great, maybe i can get you started in the right direction.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.