logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
R
I am currently knitting scarves for Christmas gifts. However, I must have at least 5 other projects on the go. I also quilt and I try to divide my time between the two. Not much housework gets done around here, though.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I am currently knitting a Shetland lace shawl in cobweb weight yarn for my brother's wife's baby who is due in May. I'm having quite a lot of fun with it but the ultra fine yarn does require care and good light. Surprisingly although the lace looks complicated it's actually quite simple to knit, the pattern I am using is very clearly charted by the author and I'm having no problems at all with it. All you need to know is K2 together,Slip One, Knit One, Pass Slip Stitch Over, Yarn Forward and Slip One, Knit 2 together, Pass Slip Stitch Over! Mind you I'm still on the middle part and haven't got to the borders yet.

I've also ordered some Sublime DK to knit the gorgeous bolero that's in the December issue of Simply Knitting magazine. Not the baby one, the adult one. We don't know yet whether Baby will be a girl or boy!

Last edited by KnittingEditor; 11/26/07 01:15 PM.
E
E
I'm making these:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.

C.S. Lewis
H
Koala
Koala
H
Ah... i've made several of the Fetching! Can i offer a suggestion? If you do the picot bind off that is suggested in the instructions, the top of the fingerless mitt is very loose around the knuckles and not snug and warm. I found (and so have other knitters i know) i like a regular bind off better.

Tonight i'm working on a simple keyhole scarf. this winter i started writing quick last minute gift patterns and this is one of them. When i get 24 quick patterns written i'll try to find a publisher for a book.

H
Koala
Koala
H
I just finished a cat's cradle lace scarf in lace weight yarn tonight.

My next project, by request of some of my knitters who want to do it with my lead, is this:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
That's very pretty Hollyelise, however my Shetland shawl is going to take months and what with the new baby and my Sasha dolls yelling for warm clothes (!) I don't really have time for it just now. I was changing the Sashas into their winter sweaters last night and ran out of warm clothes (a family of 17 is a problem in that area). The babies are particularly short lol. But my 1971 brunette is cute in her white baby yarn sweater and her mittens with thumb which are moulded to her hands!

I wonder how many people have knitted Shetland lace in cobweb yarn on a London bus!

H
Koala
Koala
H
I'm sorry if i wasn't clear, Gillian... i teach knitting classes at a yarn shop here, and those are the knitters i meant, not people here at Bella. I forgot to buy the beads today though and the bead store will be closed tomorrow so i'll have to wait at least until Monday to start.

Do you use patterns for the doll clothes or do you make them up? There was a little girl in the store today who wanted knit pants for her stuffed monkey toy, so i sort of made up a pair. I didn't quite finish but i got the two legs and joined them and figured the girl's mother can finish them. Some of my other knitters want to knit dolls, and i have some patterns for those, but not so many for doll clothes. I know there is a book of knitting patterns for Barbie, but i need some more the size of the American Girl collection or something like that. Any suggestions?

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
lol no problem Hollyelise.!

It's something of a combination, I have all sorts of patterns for Sasha ranging from the Elizabeth Zimmermann Wool Gathering Issue 64 to Susanna Lewis's collections and I make up my own as well.

Hmmm it might be worth getting in touch with Jane Woodbridge, she has a huge collection of vintage and modern patterns for dolls of all sizes on sale in both leaflet and book form. I'll find out from her if she has an online shop yet, she is a member of Sasha Mart and lives in the UK. I've met her and she's a lovely lady.

H
Koala
Koala
H
Thank you! laugh

S
S
I'm into knitted toys. Completed a small teddy bear for my sister's boyfriend, and a little long-ear rabbit for my sister. I found free patterns for felted mushrooms in a blog. They look so yummy. "Eat" them here.

I shall surely make them next!!

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.