Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#332569 08/03/07 04:25 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Holly has posted an article link that mentions - luck diary.
Write down what was your good luck during the day.
Do you believe in luck?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Modern Woman #332570 08/03/07 04:52 AM
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
I do.

Manjari #332687 08/03/07 02:21 PM
H
Koala
Koala
H
Thank you, CD. smile

I am lucky in my friends.

And today i will look for good luck and opportunities.

hollyelise #332773 08/04/07 06:51 AM
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
yes, Holly, if you think of good luck, it comes.

Manjari #332861 08/04/07 05:28 PM
H
Koala
Koala
H
I'm starting to think if others think of good luck for you, it also comes!

I had something lucky happen today. I have a neighbor, who was a close friend a few years ago. When i was running my women's group she was a part of it. She is a project manager and an architect, and extremely good at managing time and finishing jobs. Unfortunately, when she started a family, she began managing all her time to the extreme!!!! Every fifteen minute slot of every day was scheduled... she even schedules her time in the shower. And she no longer had time for friends... just work and family. I have missed her. The last time we had even a moment together was more than a year ago... even though i only live just across the street from her.

This morning, she called me out of the blue. smile She's looking for someone to watch and teach her daughter before and after school, for just a short period of time. She didn't know if i would be interested at all, but because of my teaching schedule, she thought it might work. We also talked about catching up. smile I'd been thinking about her a lot this week, too.

hollyelise #332923 08/05/07 02:38 AM
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Lucky break.

Manjari #333019 08/05/07 01:56 PM
H
Koala
Koala
H
You know, since my marriage fell apart, i felt very unlucky. I was unlucky in many areas of my life. It was bizarre luck, too. And i didn't understand why bad luck was happening all at once. I started to have a bad attitude... i started to feel life was just going to be hard for me.

I tried to change my attitude then... i tried to feel lucky. But it didn't work. Now i do feel luckier... and i don't know what the difference is. Is is confidence? ...a sense of security? ...is it external factors - did my luck really change, or is it just that my attitude changed? What made my attitude change... was it that others believed in me?

I am very curious about these questions but i don't have the answers. I'd like to know so that i can continue this feeling of luckiness and help others to feel that way, too. What do you think changes our luck?

hollyelise #333025 08/05/07 02:30 PM
B
Shark
Shark
B
I think you hit on it, Holly, when you mentioned the word "believe." Our minds are very powerful. Even the attitude we adopt sends out huge signals to the universe. If you believe in goodness, you attract it.

At the same time, I think life has a randomness to it, so we are all subject to what might be called "bad luck" from time to time. Of course, sometimes it's just that we aren't paying attention to what we're doing or we've made a bad choice and put ourself in harm's way. I always view it as very lucky when I do this and manage to avoid a disaster by a near miss.

The difference when something bad does happen is whether you let it derail you and ruin your attitude (which then means you didn't really believe what you said you did about goodness) or if you stay steady on.

Science News reported this week that in an experiment with test subjects given a small burn on their arms and then a salve to put on that burn, those subjects who were told the salve was going to help them actually received relief whether the salve had a painkiller in it or not. And those subjects who were told the salve would not help them did not receive any relief for their pain even when the salve contained a full dose of painkiller. So what you believe does make a big different in your life.

Last edited by Barbara_Sloan; 08/05/07 02:31 PM.
hollyelise #333155 08/06/07 05:44 AM
P
Shark
Shark
P
Originally Posted By: hollyelise
You know, since my marriage fell apart, i felt very unlucky. I was unlucky in many areas of my life. It was bizarre luck, too. And i didn't understand why bad luck was happening all at once. I started to have a bad attitude... i started to feel life was just going to be hard for me.

I tried to change my attitude then... i tried to feel lucky. But it didn't work. Now i do feel luckier... and i don't know what the difference is. Is is confidence? ...a sense of security? ...is it external factors - did my luck really change, or is it just that my attitude changed? What made my attitude change... was it that others believed in me?

I am very curious about these questions but i don't have the answers. I'd like to know so that i can continue this feeling of luckiness and help others to feel that way, too. What do you think changes our luck?

Your time has changed Holly. Slowly you will find right people and right attitude.

Barbara_Sloan #333156 08/06/07 05:46 AM
P
Shark
Shark
P
Originally Posted By: Barbara_Sloan
I think you hit on it, Holly, when you mentioned the word "believe." Our minds are very powerful. Even the attitude we adopt sends out huge signals to the universe. If you believe in goodness, you attract it.

At the same time, I think life has a randomness to it, so we are all subject to what might be called "bad luck" from time to time. Of course, sometimes it's just that we aren't paying attention to what we're doing or we've made a bad choice and put ourself in harm's way. I always view it as very lucky when I do this and manage to avoid a disaster by a near miss.

The difference when something bad does happen is whether you let it derail you and ruin your attitude (which then means you didn't really believe what you said you did about goodness) or if you stay steady on.

Science News reported this week that in an experiment with test subjects given a small burn on their arms and then a salve to put on that burn, those subjects who were told the salve was going to help them actually received relief whether the salve had a painkiller in it or not. And those subjects who were told the salve would not help them did not receive any relief for their pain even when the salve contained a full dose of painkiller. So what you believe does make a big different in your life.

Barbara- I have experienced this. Bad times arrive for no reason and everything goes haywire. what you speak about bad times and our response is very apt.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.