Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
N
Shark
Shark
N
Anyone who conquers a nicotine addition, regardless of how, will have my eternal respect. I know it has been one of my hardest and most challenging hurdles. Everytime I turned around my own mind was betraying me and undermining my attempt. I never, never realized the extent of control smoking had on me. I vow to fight it til the end. I want my control back!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Koala
Koala
H
Come back soon. smile

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
I noticed hubby was wearing a patch today but he didnt tell me he was trying it... he doesnt want me to talk about it though, so today is his first day (our anniversary too) he seems fine so far smile

lala21 #330353 07/22/07 09:49 PM
T
T
That's great!!!

sending good quitting vibes for him!!!

Hubby and I couldn't quit at the same time. BUT we were very respectful of each other. When he quit I never smoked around him. IF i was quitting he wouldn't smoke around me.

Now we're both just done and it's GREAT!!

(now to conquer the weight LOL)

N
Shark
Shark
N
I think I can understand and relate to your hubby's methods. I know in my case, I was scared I 'd fail. It's one thing to fail myself, but to have to see the disappointment in a loved one's eyes would kill me and that was too much pressure-I used it as an excuse to start back up for a week. Not only that, but everybody, although well-intended, asked me how it was going every time they saw me. I never had the chance to forget about it. When my old man went back on the road and things quieted down, I did it. I just told him yesterday. Funny, he's making quitting noises now. WOW! What an anniversary gift from your hubby!

H
Koala
Koala
H
smile

I'm glad you told us about the asking thing... i'll try to remember that if anyone else i know quits.

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Day 10 for hubby smile He has said that hes actually enjoying not smoking and very surprised at how easy its been... although he has been using the patch everyday so hes wondering how it will be without it but hes done soo well smile

lala21 #332340 08/01/07 12:41 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
That's GREAT, Lala! Is your Mother still trying? How was your trip?

Trish

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Sue, how about you? Are you still hanging in there? Keep remembering the good stuff, like the smell of flowers and your skin after a shower and how healthy your lungs are getting each month that you don't smoke! Keep it up!! wink Best wishes!

Trish

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Hey Trish and Sue..

Today was Andrews first day without the patch! It's funny because he doesn't tell me until after the fact. Like when he first went on the patch, I didn't even know. He didn't tell me until the end of the day. And then tonight he said "hey lala, look I didn't wear a patch today!" Im soo proud of him! He's done so well. He's on day 11.

Im not sure about my mom. I haven't really seen or talked to her this week very much. But I'll keep ya posted smile

Our trip was fantastic smile The place we stayed at was soo relaxing. In Tofino there is a huge strip of houses near the ocean but set back in the forest. And because Tofino is so small there isn't alot of work, but there are tons of tourists that go there all year long. Summer is just warm sunny and beautiful, but in the winter people go there for storm season. Apparently that's romantic.. not my thing but hey! lol... Anyways, so these people turn their homes into bed 'n breakfasts and that's how they bring in their income.

The owners of the place we stayed at actually built their house 10 years ago. And designed it specifcally to rent out half of it. The front part of their house is theres. And then on the right side of the house they have 3 suites they rent out. But there place is not a bed 'n breakfast. They are private suites in the house with private entrances. They all have jetted bathtubs, living room, full kitchen, washer/dryer, gas fireplace etc. And in the back yard is a common hottub and BBQ area. We had the garden suite which was the most private of them all. It's nestled in the back of the house with it's own private patio looking into a garden they are working on which is set into the forest in the back of that. And it was sooo close to the beach you could hear the waves from the ocean. (but you cant see it from the house - it was a 2 minute walk through the forest to get there)

It was sooo nice to get away and relax... but it wasn't long enough! lol...

I can't believe it's already into August now! That means I've gone... 2 months without smoking! Yay me wink hehe

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.