Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
myaroma Offline OP
OP Offline
M
This is a very good article.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by myaroma; 07/31/07 07:37 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
And not only are people with allergies having serious side effects but people with chemical sensitivities are too.

I recently ran into a few foods that used "flavored oils". It was in a bread; pizza dough; natural ginger snap cookie and frozen vegetable packets (with those clumps of stuff for seasoning). I emailed the producers and told them I had an anaphyctic reaction and they NEEDED to label them such. You'll often just see 'natural flavoring'. There's a big difference between a spice extract and flavored oils.

Last edited by JustineHH; 07/31/07 12:22 PM.

T
J
Parakeet
Parakeet
As an example of how useless "may contain" type labeling is - I saw a box of chocolates marked Kosher pareve (free of dairy AND meat products) by one of the more stringent organizations, which was labeled with a "processed on equipment where dairy products are processes" label, followed by a long note from the Rabbi explaining that the food is in fact dairy free and the equipment has been cleaned throughly under rabbinic supervision and that the label is only there for people who are so highly allergic that if there were the slightest bit of dairy in the air from the diary products stored in a separate part of the building would produce an allergic reaction.

Julie

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
This is absolutely true:
I was in a supermarket, with a friend, who was buying food for her family.
She picked up a packet, and this is what it said:

"Fish Pieces.
Succulent bite-sized morsels of fish for dishes such as fish pie, or mixed seafood platter. Filetted, skinned and boned.
Fish contents: Cod, Smoked Haddock, Mackerel, Nile Perch, Monkfish.

Allergy warning: Contains fish.

"Things are not what they seem.... Nor are they otherwise...." (Lankavatara Sutta)

"The purpose of Life is simply, to be happy, and to make others happy." HH the Dalai Lama.

Moderated by  Sheree-Allergies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.