Next Thread
Print Thread
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
Hi, I love beads and fiber and am looking for a way to combine the two. I know basic crochet. Does anyone know where I can get some patterns for crocheted jewelry using fibers?

I've seen some nice things crocheted in wire but I'm not interested in working with wire.

Thanks,

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
Well, it is really very, very easy! It depends what you are after. If you have an idea in mind let me know and I'll see if I can write instructions up. I'm working on some new crochet jewelry designs at the moment so you'd be doing me a favor!!

A very simple beaded necklace can be made by stringing your yarn with beads before starting and then simply making a loooooong chain, dropping a bead in between each stitch, either at regular intervals or randomly. Continue going until the chain is long enough. I would either then join the ends and just wrapping it around my neck, or attaching it to a necklace fastening.

Try any irish crochet type motif. These earring were made using an Irish Crochet inspired motif. The instructions can be found in the BellaOnline Crochet 'Projects' section - or by clicking crochet earrings here.

Let us know how you get on!!

Last edited by Kate_Crochet; 07/28/07 01:43 PM.
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
I saw a beaded bracelet that was really nice using a sprial crocheted chain with single crochets adding beads as you make the spiral. They just added a simple clasp to fasten it.

It was one of those spirals that you make for childrens hair or the legs of clown dolls but intead of hd or dc use sc.

MaryJeanne

J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
Thanks for the ideas! Have either of you tried that little machine that you can use to put beads on your string or yarn? I've seen them in bead magazines as crochet is getting popular among beaders too.

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
A bead spinner? Yes, I have one which is good for small beads. I 'think' it is quicker, there is a knack to using one and I am still to perfect my technique! Sometimes more beads end up flying around the room than they do on the needle!

Moderated by  Holly - Crochet Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.