logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#331457 07/26/07 08:19 PM
OP Offline
Thought I'd create a post so we can all get to know each other, so I'll start!

Well, my name is Chris Willis, the new editor for the Horror Literature site. I love to read and write, I'm 33 years of age and live in Australia with my wife and three kids. As a reader and writer, I try and be different and see things from newer perspectives and try to be as original as possible. My ambition is to be one of the world's leading horror and dark fiction writers.

Tell me about yourself!

Chris Willis
Horror Literature
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Velcome!

I'm Annie, and I'm a travel writer-slash-aspiring fiction author. I live in Southwest, MO (in the States) with my pet literary addiction and a pushy cat.

Have fun!

currently reading: The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana , Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
OP Offline
A pushy cat?!?

I'm from Australia - where's MO? Whassat?

Chris Willis
Horror Literature
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
MO - Missouri (which always confuses me, but MS is Mississippi, and MI is Michigan, so I guess MO is the next closest?)

I'm from Georgia (GA - only one G state, so not too confusing there, LOL!), born and raised here. I left for a little while, when I was married to an army man, but came back.

I don't write horror, but sure enjoy reading it! I've always loved watching horror movies and shows ever since I was a little kid (Twilight Zone and Night Gallery), and read what little bit of horror there was for kids, and then in the 5th grade someone gave me a copy of "Firestarter" by Stephen King, and I was hooked for life!

I especially love all the different authors that write about vampires (Rice, Hamilton, Lumley) - and I like reading new takes on the old classics like Frankenstein and such. It's interesting to see how so many people can take one idea and turn it out in so many different ways.

But my very favorite author is Dean Koontz, who admittedly treads the line between horror and mystery/thriller. But he still hooks me every time!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Oh, I should have been more specific- I just live in the States then, that is much easier to remember =)

@BellaHarmony: Are you an Anita the Vampire Hunter fan? I'm going to have to let my geek out a little and admit that I played an Ulrich on a TelNet game when I was in high school, rofl!
-
Back at Chris: I forgot to ask, what genre of horror do you write? Supernatural, psychological, thriller...?

currently reading: The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana , Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
OP Offline
I write anything, to be honest, as long as there's some sort of hurt involved! I've had an array of work published but my preference are for stories with a twist. I love making up stories about the fantastic. You've given me an idea for another forum post, too - have a look around for it.

Chris Willis
Horror Literature
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Oh yeah - have all the Anita Blake novels, and the new Merry Gentry novels, too. Although, I have to admit that I've been very disappointed with her writing here lately. I have no problem with a little sex thrown into the mix - but she seems to have forgotten this little thing called plot in her attempt to show everyone how down and dirty her books can get. {sigh} "Harlequin" was a lot better than "Micah" though - and much better than the last few Merry Gentry's have been.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
My name's Shaun, I'm 42 today, and I live in England. I guess having grown up in a house in a cemetery, it's only natural that I write horror!

Shaun #331908 07/29/07 09:44 PM
OP Offline
Hey there Shaun - I'm originally from Warrington (north west England). Where abouts are you?

Chris Willis
Horror Literature
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Hi Chris,

I'm originally from Uttoxeter in Staffordshire (near Alton Towers), but now live just down the road from Warrington in Crewe:-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.