logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: GirlGoingDutch
I'm I afriad to change? Maybe change is good? I don't have a maternal instinct. I hated dolls and girly stuff all my life. Maybe, I am afraid of my womanhood. Maybe, I don't embrace it. I never much liked being a girl or a kid.
It's all every confusing. I want a happy life with my husband. I want to be the joy of his life and he mine. Isn't family what carries us through life?

I really believe he needs kids. I'm struggling.

Family is wonderful...as you define it. A friend of mine calls biological ties a "genetic blind date": sometimes you'll get along with these folks, sometimes you won't. Chosen family (spouses, friends) can be so much better in many ways.

Remember too, that inner resources carry us through life. A life of the mind...ideas, books, music, etc., can be wonderful right up until we leave this existence, for most people. Works for people with or without kids, and even those without spouses.

Now, as to what he needs...that's a different kettle of fish. Please get a counsellor involved at this stage of the game, GGD. And in the meantime, be extra kind and gentle to yourself; your hormones are going nuts right now.

Best to you,

Elise

Meet CF couples and singles in your city!

Browse a list of CF Meetups on Meetup.com:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Virtual hugs to you. This was a really tough call, but the best one you could make for you right now. You need time and space to settle this issue once and for all,to sort out what you really need and to explore where your relationship will go from here.

Be good to yourself, and be strong. This is your life, and you should live it how you want. Just remember that sometimes the right decision is also the hard decision ... but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be made.

Childfree? Join us at www.thechildfreelife.com.
L
Koala
Koala
L
Wow ... you had to make a hard decision. I hope that everything works out for you. We are all here for you.

D
D
I am new to this group, and to being in a forum at all. Your issue touches me - closely. I never wanted kids. I was never able to articulate it. Kids are what society expects of married women. I figured I'd have kids by default. My husband is a wonderful man and would be a fabulous father. I assumed he would be.

After not getting pregnant the first 4 years of marriage, I was tired of the stress of am I or aren't I every month and we investigated. I was relieved beyond words to find out that we can't have kids. But I was ashamed and it took an incredible amount of careful, honest, difficult conversation to get to the point of what I felt.

Having a conversation about why he wants kids and why you don't is tough. It is probably the toughest one you'll ever have. I don't think it has to be a deal breaker. I don't think it has to be unemotional. Bringing a kid into your family and life should be joyful, hopeful and terrifying - but you should be united in it.

I wish you luck as you move through this conversation - I agree with involving a counselor if you and DH find struggling with this working against your marriage. If the guy is a keeper, the conversation will bring you closer - regardless of the outcome.

Hang in there - and keep listening to your heart.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.