Print Thread
#306844 04/13/07 12:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if there are any ladies currently trying to conceive or thinking about doing so in the near future?
I'd be interested in an ongoing thread for us here to discuss things.
We are probably going to ttc very soon, it would be nice to have others to share experiences/concerns/questions etc with.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
Well, I guess I will be the first to talk about trying to conceive. Last year, I had a miscarriage after 3 months of being pregnant. I had no clue I was pregnant and I was 3 whole MONTHS! When the doctor confirmed I was pregnant, I was thinking, well I can still have about 8 months to get ready, then he told me that I was 3 months. I was shocked. Needless to say, at the end of my first trimester, I started bleeding and went to the doctor and he informed me that I was miscarrying. Because I was so late in the pregnancy, they performed a D & E instead of a D & C. I was heartbroken. That was August 30, 2006. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant ever since. I've heard about the OV-Watch which is supposed to be FDA approved and is supposed to give you results in 3 months (in other words, you will be preg in 3 months). I looked at the price and I just cannot force myself to pay for a watch that is $189 for 3 months supply. But then again, I want to increase my chances of getting pregnant. But how do I know it's not just another gadget? That's why I've been posting about questions about the OV-Watch and if anyone has used it. Is there anything else that may work to check your fertility and your husband's sperm count??? Who knows??? Anyone???

B
B
Hi.... My hubby and I are ttc right now. This will be our third child 4th pregnancy. We have been trying for a couple months now cross you fingers that this is the one. I have not heared of the OV watch but with 2 kids all ready Im not to that point yet Im sorry. I will be more then happy to ask other people that I know though that are ttc! Good luck to both of you! Baby dust to You both!!!

Brook
TTC
I
I
Hi! I miscarried my first pregnancy 17 years ago, and have a 5-year old boy now; my husband and I do not use protection and for whatever reason cannot get pregnant independently. My son was concieved while I was taking Clomid (doctor's prescription, obviously).
99% of my tests come back normal, and my husband is fine. I am using MaybeMOM (best fertility monitor ever-ever-ever! you can check out maybemom.com - my pic and my boy's photo are there, too) to watch for my ovulation, but I am not ovulating properly - pretty much my whole life. My docs tell me that I need to take Clomid again to try to get pregnant, but I am not too eager; my son has an Autistic spectrum disorder - I am not saying that clomid causes it, but you never know... I cannot afford in vitro right now, so the best I can do is watch my ovulation and hope for a miracle. I just cannot wait too long, because my husband and I are not getting any younger, if you know what i mean frown

M
M
Whooo.. this is my first post and everything! So.. here goes nothing.

My partner and I have not been using contraception now for around three years. I always knew that because I have Polycystic ovaries, it would be harder for me to get pregnant than normal. However I don't think I was expecting it to be this hard. Until now, we haven't used any help with ovulation charts, temp readings in the mornings or medical help. Though I think as of next week I'm going to see a doctor. My monthly cycle started last night (first day of period) and so I would be happy to follow along this thread with others about how things are going. Wish you all all the best, Madi x

M
M
I too, have Polycystic ovaries and after 10 years of frustration, heartbreak, and trying to conceive with all sorts of different fertility drugs, (not to mention the $$$ spent!) my doctor decided to try Avandia. Avandia is a diabetic oral drug that is WAY less expensive than fertility drugs. Within 3 weeks of using it I was finally pregnant. After the birth of my son I continued to use Avandia at low doses for a few years to regulate my periods. I strongly recommend visiting with your OB/GYN about the possibility of using this medication. There are relatively few risks (in fact, one of the few risks listed with this medication IS ovulation in women of childbearing years), it is very cost effective, and it actually worked for me. Good luck!

M
M
Thanks for that! I'll book an app. soon and see about it laugh

Moderated by  Stacy - Conception 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.