Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
kitchenvibe, Sandra Gail, aznovel, N1k0le, mama paa
56984 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56985 Members
417 Forums
112491 Topics
795032 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 727
Beetlemess 710
Karm - SW USA Editor 285
Nancy Roussy 181
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 165
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 124
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 115
Linu 114
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 91
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#307113 - 04/14/07 02:28 PM What are the risks with Novasure?
Watcher Offline

Being I am scheduled to get this done, I was wondering what doctors have told you about "risks" regarding this procedure. All I was told was that it sometimes did not work, but it did have a high percentage of success. I was also told that it helps to prevent having a hysterectomy. Does Novasure increase risks for other things? My pre-op tests (i.e. ultrasound) are clear.

Add What are the risks with Novasure? to Twitter Add What are the risks with Novasure? to Facebook Add What are the risks with Novasure? to MySpace Add What are the risks with Novasure? to Del.icio.us Digg What are the risks with Novasure? Add What are the risks with Novasure? to Yahoo My Web Add What are the risks with Novasure? to Google Bookmarks Add What are the risks with Novasure? to Stumbleupon Add What are the risks with Novasure? to Reddit
#309265 - 04/24/07 08:26 PM Re: What are the risks with Novasure? [Re: Watcher]
TRA Offline

Loc: DE, USA
Though my DR told me there were really no risks, I thought I may share my story. I really wish I had talked to someone before I had the procedure done. Immediately after the surgery, I bled for 32 days, and was later told by my DR that I "had an unusually shaped" uterious and that the procedure did not work for me. My periods since the procedure have been 12-14 days long and completely life ruling. I moved right after Christmas and life has been quite busy, so I have not been back to the DR, but three weeks ago I finally went to my annual appointment and was told that my uterious in now the size of a 30 week pregnancy ! The fibroids and everything else have completely grown wild since the Novasure and now I am scheduled to have a hysterectomy in three weeks. I wish I had never had the Novasure. My periods before were 7-9 days long and were bearable for most of the time. I now have no choice but to have a Hysterectomy.

Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Twitter Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Facebook Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to MySpace Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What are the risks with Novasure? Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Reddit
#311721 - 05/07/07 05:22 PM Re: What are the risks with Novasure? [Re: TRA]
sl207 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I ended up having a hysterectomy about 10 months after my procedure.

Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Twitter Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Facebook Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to MySpace Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What are the risks with Novasure? Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What are the risks with Novasure? to Reddit
#312384 - 05/10/07 12:45 AM Re: What are the risks with Novasure? [Re: sl207]
Watcher Offline

TRL & sl207 I am so sorry to hear of the problems you had. My sister's friend, who went to a different doctor than hers, had the same thing happen to her as you both sound. However, what we found out was that her doctor did not do an "ultra sound" on her uterus prior to the Novasure procedure. I had one done and when I asked what the purpose the the sonogram was for my doc told me it was to check for fibroids and/or cysts in the wall or lining. My sisters' friend's doc never did that. I am about 3 weeks post op now and seem to be doing fine. I am curious how my next cycle will be.

#317169 - 05/25/07 08:07 AM Re: What are the risks with Novasure? [Re: Watcher]
MoniB Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Sweden
I was reading about Novasure on their site and there it stated that

"the following adverse effects could occur or have been reported:
* Thermal injury to adjacent tissue
* Perforation of the uterine wall
* Post-ablation tubal sterilization syndrome
* Air or gas embolism
* Complications with pregnancy (Note: Pregnancy following endometrial ablation is very dangerous for both the mother and the fetus)
* Infection or sepsis
* Complications leading to serious injury or death"

#322949 - 06/18/07 03:03 AM Re: What are the risks with Novasure? [Re: Watcher]
rarely798 Offline

I had the novasure for heavy and frequent beeding 11/06, things went fine until the following march, I then began having the worst pains of my life, was in the hospital 3 days every test in the world, they said I had the flu. The pain came and went for the next 6 mos. My GYN said everything was fine in my uterus, so I kept having tests for everything else. Finally found a DR. who saw the problrm severe endromitris, which was leaving my uterues and attaching to other organs. I ended up with a hystromecty, my appendicx out, and bowels reconstructed, I has comlecations from the hystand almosd died, please don't get a novasure, look elsewhere, I wish i had never done it. Good Luck

#330158 - 07/21/07 06:14 AM Re: What are the risks with Novasure? [Re: Watcher]
JackieMarie Offline

Hi all, I am 41 and I am scheduled for this procedure for 8/17/07, and I am a little nervous. I really don't think I need this done, but I have been having some severe lower back pain with my periods, and I have been clotting alot lately. My periods have always went for 7 days. After reading some articles in this forum, I just think that a hysterectomy would be best. I have never been one for pain. I also don't want to gain any more weight. I just lost 8 lbs. I'd hate to gain it back. Any opinions would be helpful. good luck to all of u

#330288 - 07/22/07 05:12 PM Re: What are the risks with Novasure? [Re: JackieMarie]
Janifer Offline

Loc: Northern IN
Hi! I have been reading everything to do with this procedure. I have had a pre-op ultra sound with my Dr. She saw one small fibroid, it was a long ultra sound and I felt comfortable with how it went. I decided to have the NovaSure, now I'm wondering if I have made the wrong choice? The pain? The bloating? Hysterectomy? Has anyone had a GOOD experience with this procedure?

#373661 - 02/08/08 03:11 PM Re: What are the risks with Novasure? [Re: Watcher]
michie Offline

on the Novasure website nothing was mentioned about having a D&C done before the actual procedure. Can anyone tell me if this needs to be done. My Doctor said that he performs D&C's before each edometrial ablation no matter what the type. Haven't seen any info about it.

Thanks

#440219 - 08/02/08 04:37 AM Re: What are the risks with Novasure? [Re: TRA]
navymom5 Offline

did you have your tubes tied? i'll post my story on line shortly. my summary - i had tubal ligation, then novasure (uterus ablation), then diagnosed with adenomyosis, now i have more side effects. I think it all started with getting my tubes tied. i just wanted to ask you that question.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Dr. Denise- Gynecology 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Sandwich du jour
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
6 minutes 1 second ago
Sides du jour
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
12 minutes 37 seconds ago
Wednesday Writing Prompt!
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Wicca
Today at 04:56 PM
Name some Angels & Their Meaning
by Rosie 66
Bible Basics
Today at 03:29 PM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 03:25 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Rosie 66
Home Finance
Today at 03:23 PM
Fall Veggies - What Are Your Favorites?
by kitchenvibe
Vegetarian
Today at 03:19 PM
New game
by Rosie 66
History
Today at 03:18 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 03:16 PM
All Things Southwestern USA Forum Word Game!
by Beetlemess
Southwest USA
Today at 02:33 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Connie - ADD/Sandwiches), 166 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.