logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Shark
Shark
"why dont u pick on hisbrandy when he says abt the bad laws in US?"

For the record, I am not a him. I am a woman...his Brandy.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Lordsaveme,

All countries have troubles. It is not being disloyal to speak of them.

L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
We in the east do not do that.

A girl from Japan.
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
Oh,sorry abt that Hisbrandy
hehehehe
:-)

Shark
Shark
Lord Save Me,

You do not discuss matters that effect everyone or things that pose problems for citizens?

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
All the men who are blamed for doing this in India are someone's husband, someone's father and someone's brother. To say that indian females are in danger is a shocking statement for me.

Whatever ails other countries ails India. Nothing more. And I agree with Lordsaveme. In the east generally no body will criticise his/her country in front of others. That is a big difference between east and west. One should understand the cultural difference.

While it's true there have been reports of rape out in the sandbox (and I was over there in 2003), it's only been a small percentage. Females are not over there in fear of being raped. I know I wasn't. I never had a fear of walking alone to the latrine or shower tent, yet when we arrived at Camp Arifjan, we had heard of a couple of incidents of women being attacked at the latrines. You just have to vigilant. I can guarantee you there is more to what is actually reported; if you are going to act like a victim, you will be a victim. Rape just doesn't happen in the theater, it happens stateside also.

"Plays with dirt"
I
I
Reports of rapes, particularly during war, are not uncommon. Who knows why someone who is relatively normal during times of peace snapswhen at war. I'm not making excuses for the offender. There is no doubt that punishment is due. I was, however, glad to read the reply from LilWolf who has served with the military. It brought some reality to the situation by reminding all of us that this does not happen to all of the women who are serving in the military in Iraq. I think it's important to keep the perspective that those who commit the crime are not in the majority. Reactions and inflammatory reports can actually make life more diffficult for female servicemembers. The military could be referred to as a reflection of the general population. Rapes happen everywhere. Those serving in the military are disciplined individuals (male and female) and on occassion, even in the military, some of the freaks slip into the system.

Isabelle A. Harman
[url=www.bellaonline.com]womensissues[/url]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Barbara - Women's Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.