logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
avlash Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I am wondering if anyone else had a similar experience with this medication. I was prescribed Cytotec 200 mcg every two hours for a total of three pills over six hours. I started it at 6pm and was fine until about 7am the next morning. Over the next three and a half days, each day i had a long period of contractions that just felt like they would never let up. I had been prescribed Lortab 7.5 mg every 4-6 hours and Xanax 0.5mg to take with this for pain. I figured i wouldn't need them, but i was sooo wrong. Let me say, i don't take medication. Period. Other than a tylenol here and there, nothing. Two c-sections? other than epidural, nothing. Gallbladder out? nothing but tylenol. This was the worst pain - and i ended up taking two Lortab at a time along with a Xanax, praying it would end. This morning was the worst. I woke at 3 am with contractions, never feeling them lessen, horrendous back pain, nausea and hot flashes/cold sweats alternating. It lasted for a little over an hour before i felt the need to push, and i ended up passing several large baseball size clots. Still having hot flushes and nausea now, but the pain seems subsided. Has anyone else taken this and had anything like it happen? i had a lot of confidence in my doctor but after looking into this medicine, i see a lot of contradictory information about using it for this purpose, and using it in women with a history of c-sections for concerns about uterine rupture.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
T
Hi Avlash,
am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I hope things are a little better for you now.

I too was prescribed cytotec for my miscarriage. I had to put 2 in my [censored] in the morning, take 2 oraly at midday and 2 oraly in the evening... It didn't seem to take effect though.

I bled and remember having back pain and abdominal pain, but nothing like you describe. I was given pain killers just incase but didn't take them. I guess everyone is different. The cytotec did not work for me, and in the end I had to go for a d&c.

I think cytotec was developed as an ulcer treatement. But then the scientists found out it also induced birth, so then they used to use cytotec for inducing birth which I hear is very dangerous. But I don't know what the dangers are if you take cytotec for a miscarriage. I didn't want to go into hospital at all and wanted to pass my baby's remains naturally, which didn't work out for me. It was a very difficult time, and I can totally empathise. I pray you are keeping strong and well.

God bless, I wish you all the best in the future,
Thel

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.