Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Originally Posted By: iwonder
Alexandra, thanks so much for the links-very helpful. And yes, you do get it! Your partner sounds much like my dh, sensitive about it. He's getting better. And he sleeps on the sofa many nights, just so I can sleep, and stay asleep. He doesn't have a weight problem, he has small sinus passages. After reading the links he probably has more than one problem. Again, thank you.

I keep wondering is snoring that BAD? I think more of the men of this age have this problem. I never realised this before I got married. But, then most of the women here could not be knowing if they snored. I did tell that to my wife after I was awake and I saw her doing the same.. So, may be I said and may be your husband would have not told you the same. Men have the ability to ignore problems as small as this...

LD
Nursing Job
(Looking for Nursery Job in UK?)
Sponsored Post Advertisement
iwonder Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Update, he's gone to the doctor and did a sleep study. Has sleep apnoea, now onto the next step. It was very kind of him to do all of this.

R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
I am the snorer in my marriage. Actually, my hubby describes it as very loud, heavy breathing. Not quite a snore...but annoying to him nonetheless. He says the worst is when he's just about to fall asleep, and my breathing changes tempo or volume. Then it wakes him. So we just keep a fan on all night, and the white-noise seems to work. Now we've used it so long, even *I* need the sound to fall asleep because I'm so accustomed to it!

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Originally Posted By: Rogue
I am the snorer in my marriage. Actually, my hubby describes it as very loud, heavy breathing. Not quite a snore...but annoying to him nonetheless. He says the worst is when he's just about to fall asleep, and my breathing changes tempo or volume. Then it wakes him. So we just keep a fan on all night, and the white-noise seems to work. Now we've used it so long, even *I* need the sound to fall asleep because I'm so accustomed to it!

:)) Yes it becomes a habit hearing the snoring and I am sure there will be a time where your husband will need to ask you to snore .. or he will surely not sleep... This happens with people who stay near high traffic roads and railway tracks. They have a problem when they reach a silent place... They feel the silence killing

LD
Nursing Job
(Looking for Nursery Job in UK?)
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: iwonder
Update, he's gone to the doctor and did a sleep study. Has sleep apnoea, now onto the next step. It was very kind of him to do all of this.

Hurrah! Not only is this going to make a difference in his snoring - but he is going to feel so much better. People with sleep apnea do not realize how much oxygen is being deprived from their bodies. He will have a ton more energy, and better sleep, too (not to mention yours.)

My Dad suffers from sleep apnea - his had gotten so bad that he was falling asleep in the car A LOT! He even had a wreck from dozing off at the wheel. He's had his machine for several years now, and it has made a huge difference. It even made a change in his blood pressure! His apnea is from being overweight, though. He's going to have the gastric bypass done like I had.

Last edited by BellaHarmony; 07/16/07 12:13 PM.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.