logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Amoeba
Amoeba
Yes, exactly!
It's a "chicken and egg" situation " - I would be very happy to pay for your services, but as usual, until I start to make a little, I don't have any spare pennies in the family budget. My aim is to earn a little bit to help support my children - that would be such a confidence boost for me. Maybe the next step WOULD be a complimentary session! I will e-mail you.
I have empowered my 5 children (and hubby's business!)to great effect and they are happy and academically successful - but what about me?
It's time for a new start - for myself this time!!

One idea would be to start a Coaching ("Watch us Succeed") type blog , where other potential clients could watch our progress - I would be happy to provide feedback/publications/submissions/Bella successes etc.
As I progress I will be happy to pay a fair rate for advice and pointers which bring results!!
Let's sart with a simple step - success on bella!!

I have my second story for "Bruisers" ready and will email to you (the girl bites back in a mysterious way!!) The other one is darker, unfortunately. A girl asks family for help to protect her toddler but gets none so has no choice but to make a dark contingency plan and take the Law (literally!) into her own hands .....

PS If you subscribe to Short Stories and forum you will get all stories as they are written anyway..... and can maybe contribute to the discussions I will be starting...
Bad Relationship Dynamics portrayed in Short Stories
Promoting a Writing/Short Story Career

Will e-mail you about promoting etc and maybe making a success for us both!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Siobhain,

Thanks for the story you emailed. I'm looking forward to it and I plan on reading it very soon!

I'll respond to your email privately about possibilities. I must say you are creative in your ideas. smile It would be important to know if we are a good "coaching fit" before I would even consider going ahead with a blog though.

If you are looking for someone to lead you step by step by telling you what to do, you would want a Consultant.

If you want someone to come alongside you, believing in you and inviting your true potential forward... if you want someone to honour your own intelligence, as you discover your best path based on your own passion and purpose, then Coaching would be an ideal choice for you.

By the way, I like what you said about the "chicken and egg" situation. The whole thing about paying for coaching is that it is an investment in yourself.

I used to do quite a bit of "pro bono" coaching. These women would rave about how exciting and powerful the coaching sessions were. However, I found that many weren't willing to follow through on their decisions if it cost them nothing.

I finally began to understand more about it all. I was investing in them, but they weren't investing in themselves. When people are willing to invest in themselves, they are willing to do what it takes to move forward. They are ready to take responsibility to create powerful personal change.

I rarely hand out free sessions any more because I want women to be empowered! Does this make sense?

Hmmm, so in this case, what does come first, the chicken or the egg?

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Amoeba
Amoeba
Update - E-mail Coaching Complimentary Session - How It Went !

Tami, thank-you very much for your complimentary productive e-mail contact. It certainly gave me the confidence to continue on my new path and pointed me in the direction of Business Coaching. This is something I will follow up with you. In fact, I had already subscribed to the Business Newsletter here,and between both, I hope to make a success of my new Business Path.

To that end I am going to start a Forum Blog "Read My Dead Nuns Shoes Diary - How I Published" as the responses to my Short Stories forum seemed mostly to consist of "What do you think of Self-publishing" or "How did You publish your Stories" or " Where do you get your ideas from"

I realised that my Book is not really fully polished and ready, so will be pleased to have Bella readers along with me to see me prepare to make more sales with ISBN.

Thanks again!

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Short Stories smile

It was my pleasure to connect with you over email. Your enthusiasm is wonderful and it will be great to watch you succeed on your new Business Path.

Starting a Forum Blog about how you publish is a fantastic idea! It can inspire your forum readers while at the same time giving you momentum and accountability.

Go for it! We're all cheering you on at Bella!

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Amoeba
Amoeba
Thanks - this is a great community!

Siobhain

It's funny but I never thought of creating an email coaching program. What a great idea! Clients can still get all of the great benefit of coaching but there isn't the necessity to schedule an appointment. This can make it a lot more convenient for both the coach and the client. The coach can even have the opportunity to touch and help even more people. What's even greater, this may become a more cost-effective method of coaching for people who have more of a financial constraint. If I were to provide email coaching, I would probably do so at half my regular rate. What are your thoughts about pricing in relation to your current rates for traditional phone coaching? The only issue I see with the email coaching concept is that it could lose some of the relationship-building aspect but I guess this is no different than starting an internet relationship in a chatroom. Rapport can still be built.

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Niquenya,

I currently have a few clients on the email coaching program. They are very forthcoming that they find it quite powerful and life changing. I'm very excited for them! We have excellent rapport and they learn very quickly that I honour wherever they are at so they seem to feel the safety to open up and share very deeply from their hearts. We are in contact most weekdays so they feel a tremendous amount of support.

They like that they can send me unlimited emails at any time 24/7 and they totally respect that I usually keep my answers to regular business hours so that I have a balanced life, too.

To be honest, it is exciting to coach people in this way, but I am finding it takes up more time than I anticipated on the Coach's side of it. Perhaps I try to be too thorough, but to me every comment counts. As a result, I spend more time thinking about my reply than I would if I were on the phone. With the client audibly talking, you pick up on their voice, their energy, their emotions, so the Coaching intuition comes so easily. On email, I am careful to check in to see if I am understanding what is being said and also making sure I am not misunderstood.

Many of the little extras of making sure your Coaching questions and message are clear takes EXTRA TIME so you need to factor this in if you are going to offer email coaching. I'm planning on raising my rates because at times I have spend almost as much time on the email only client as my regular client.

1/2 of your normal rate sounds like a good rate to start, but you might want to consider making it an introductory rate until you decide how much time it personally takes YOU to answer the emails. Funny enough, I'm looking at raising my rates and I'm leaning towards my new rate being half of the full program rate, but I'm still uncertain as to whether this really covers my time.

I started Email Coaching because I wanted to offer a lower cost option as well. Email is a very effective option for those who feel their budget is too limited. However, having done both now, I believe that talking on the phone with my client allows us to cover ground more quickly and easily.

Somehow, I think my email clients would be shocked to hear me say this because their own experience is so powerful though!

Because the email coaching is so positive, I actually include unlimited email to my full time monthly clients as a part of their whole phone package as well. I can't imagine NOT having it as part of the package now that I've seen how powerful it is.

Oops! I just wrote a book. I hope this helps! smile

Warmly,

Tami

Thanks Tami,

I already offer unlimited email along with my regular telephone clients but I find that it is a rarely used option. For the most part emails are used when the client needs to reschedule an appointment, wants to run something by me or to notify me of completing something they have committed to that I am holding them accountable for. A scheduling snafu prevented me from having a regular session with one of my clients last week so I actually coached him by email for the first time. It worked but you are right that it took me a bit more time in proofreading my response to ensure that everything had been addressed and no misunderstandings could be made. I am a pretty quick thinker so the "coaching" part of my response came easy. Good advice to offer the half price as an introductory rate until I can actually test this process out. Good project to roll out for the New Year. Thanks again!

Happy Living!

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Niquenya, I'm glad you found this helpful. I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes for you! smile

H
Amoeba
Amoeba
H
e-mail coaching sounds like a wonderful idea. In that way you can extend your reach from just the US to globally.

Do you offer any parenting coaching or is that a totally different area?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.