Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
H
Koala
Koala
H
Laura, you have just said what i have often observed... that the most profound wisdoms in life are often the most simple as well. smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wolf
Wolf
yes. That's true what Laura said.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
yes my last smoke was June 1st... still going strong wink

Wolf
Wolf
Congrats.

H
Koala
Koala
H
you non-smoker, you! wink

Wolf
Wolf
No.

H
Koala
Koala
H
i meant Lala... CD, i did not know you smoke.

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts around my family issues. I appreciate them.

I've been thinking about how it is so nice to be developing relationships with people here who want to grow as much as I do. Such friendships are rare and precious and I really see the possibilities here. Thanks to those of you who share your hearts with myself and the other readers. I am blessed.

I'm starting tonight at catching up on what has been posted here...

Holly, I feel kind of behind on what is happening with you. How are you sleeping and what happened with the visualization? I LOVED your idea of visualizing things as being safe. Have you done it yet? If so, what was that like?

I also really like how you started a thread around planning 3 tasks each day. I especially like how you focus on the "wins".

I want to say more but, all of a sudden I'm tired and need to go to bed... talk to you tomorrow.

I'm wishing you a wonderful night of rest :0)

Warmly,
Tami

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Wolf
Wolf
Freedom To Reveal Your True Talents

The heading of this thread speaks of freedom.
freedom from what?
What stopped us?
Nothing!

A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
Perhaps freedom from the lies that told us we'd 'never do it' or we
'don't have the brains' - and stuff like that.

When we remember the things we DID achieve, it proves how wrong these people are when they tell us lies. Even ONE success proves that we have what it takes to be a success at what we want to do.

My problem was not so much in being told I 'couldn't' do it, but in being told that I'd 'done better', and I could never please one particular person. It was never 'good enough'! But I realize now that this was just another attempt to make me feel inadequate and give the other person power.

When I was giving children private Art classes, I would praise them all - regardless of how good their paintings were, because I delighted in seeing their little faces light up and the looks of determination to do even better. Encouragement does far more good than criticism, I found. Praise for what they had done gave them the confidence to aim higher, and they were so keen to learn more. They may not have been budding Rembrandts, but they enjoyed their painting and that was the most important thing in my book.

I think we need to do that with our own talents too. Give ourselves the praise we deserve, and then watch how we improve! If we love what we do, what we do will grow and mature, and others will love it too.

I recall one mother of a little girl who painted a lake with a boat in it. Mother said something like:

"Oh, Sweetie, it's all out of perspective. That fish the man has caught is bigger than that tree on the bank!"

The wise child replied that the tree wasn't the subject of her painting, but the FISH was!! I loved that!

People are always trying to tell us what we should be putting in our paintings of life, and how we should be interpreting them!

Really, we are the best ones to know, aren't we?

AF

Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.