Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 41 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 40 41
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Thank you hollyelise...
This is where i am going....

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

"Things are not what they seem.... Nor are they otherwise...." (Lankavatara Sutta)

"The purpose of Life is simply, to be happy, and to make others happy." HH the Dalai Lama.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Sometimes, when i've had a good day, particularly if i've moved forward, it suddenly becomes difficult when i lay my head down to sleep. But i'm glad i've remembered now to reflect on the blessings of this day and in my life.

I had fun this morning when a student called me for assistance. She came over to my house and we sat on the porch and had coffee and talked.

I also had a good time this evening, talking on the phone with a friend who was very kind. smile

Wolf
Wolf
That sounds good Holly.

Today i am grateful for my spirit that made me take the bet with my son.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
smile Yes, that was good! It's a good thing to be playful in life.

Wolf
Wolf
Thanks Holly.

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I love reading and I am grateful for the library. It's wonderful to know that I will never run out of free books to read.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Hi Kiki!

Yes i agree with you there 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't think of a better resource for all of us. Sometimes i think... WOW... this is too good to be true! When am i going to wake up? laugh

Our library, even though just a small community library, also has cds, games, videos and dvds for loan, internet access for the public to use for free, a seperate computer training center, and offers many free seminars and lectures on a variety of topics... in fact a friend of mine is going to be conducting a workshop in the fall called, "Jumpstart your Novel."

Knowing how much i enjoy the library and how much education and reference i have gotten there, I now try to pass my personally owned used books on to libraries that need books badly. Our local used book store, for instance, collects used books to give to a prison library, which is very convenient for me to drop them off. I also know of an organization that sends books to empoverished nations to put into school libraries.

Here are a couple of links if you are also interested in donating books overseas:

BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
I am grateful for free books from the library too. I read a lot, and could never afford to buy what I read.

I am also grateful for music. It has helped me so much lately. (but I have to be careful what I listen to. Tchaikovsky's 6th isn't a good choice when I feel depressed, even though I love it!)

AF

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
laugh AF i'm so glad you joined us in this corner of the forum, too!!!

Yes, i know what you mean about music... it has a wonderful ability to help us change our moods. smile You like classical music? I will try to think of some uplifting pieces you might like.

Today i am glad i kept busy doing useful things around the house. I feel good about it. I did a little yard work near the front steps, clearing out a neglected garden bed. It was good exercise and i'll be glad to see it neat when i go out tomorrow.

I'm grateful my knitters had so much fun this afternoon... they were so funny, too!

And i am so grateful for my friends... they are loving and call me to see how i'm doing or to do things together. smile

Wolf
Wolf
Your friends sound great.

Page 14 of 41 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 40 41

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.