Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Most days I do. I have been overweight all my life. I think it is genetic because most women in my family are overweight. I have learned to eat healthy, I walk to and from work everyday (a total of 40 minutes to get home and back, not to mention all the walking I do in my office and down in the plant). I keep my self as healthy as possible, I have beautiful black naturally curly hair and green eyes. I know I am beautiful even if others don't see me that way.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Why do you think others do not see you that way?

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I do not love my body right now. I am in the process of starting a healthier lifestyle, so Im sure my feelings about my body will start to change. I have never "loved" my body though... but I used to at least like it.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Laura, how did you find the design of this quiz?

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I thought it was neat smile But the answer at the end is so vague. All it said was - take more care of your body and you're personality and confidence will get a boost! -

It would be more interesting and helpful if it gave a couple suggestions on how to take better care of the body.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Do men care/worry as much as women do about what their bodies feel/look like?

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
I do. I do not know about other men.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Originally Posted By: lala21
I thought it was neat smile But the answer at the end is so vague. All it said was - take more care of your body and you're personality and confidence will get a boost! -

It would be more interesting and helpful if it gave a couple suggestions on how to take better care of the body.

thank you for the input.
we will take care about this in next lot of quizzes.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
Why do you think others do not see you that way?

A lot of my body image issues stem from abuse from my biological mom and my ex. I am slowly getting over them. I have a wonderful husband now who helps me a lot.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
God bless you both.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
there isn't anything i like about mybody i'm fat, old n out of shape,yesterday n today i walked 1 mile on my treadmill. i wish i could keep it up but im a big disappointment to my self.

Rosie L
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
You're not a disappointment to me!!... if that means anything to you :P Walking 1 mile is better than not walking at all! I know how it is to not have the motivation to keep going, but I think you can do it. really really!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Jeanette - you have a very healthy self image of yourself. I love the description of your black curly hair and green eyes, the heart and soul of a woman! laugh

Rosie - if you were able to walk a mile today, then you accomplished a great deal! Girlfriend, when you are our age with older children, "fat, old and out of shape" should be replaced by "plump, wise, and matronly". It is nice to have the shape, vim and vigor of a 20 or 30 something, but REALLY... we need to concentrate on feeling healthy and happy and not how we look. If you can walk a mile, then CONGRATULATIONS! You have NOTHING to be disappointed in yourself about! wink We should be more concerned with how we use words to make us feel important, rather than how we use them as negative descriptions that make us feel bad about ourselves. We are not old; we are wise! smile We are not fat; we are plump and juicy! smile Men don't complain about that, but we do! Why? We need to work on our OWN self images, that's why. wink

Lala, I know you are starting a healthier life style with eating, exercising and not smoking and that is GREAT. Liking your body is as wonderful as LOVING yourself! smile

CDM, I LIKE my body! I LOVE myself and I like my body. When I was younger, I can honestly say that I loved my body, because I thought that it was near perfect for a 20 or 30 something year old woman. I think loving perfect bodies is something that 20 and 30 year olds (and teens) put more emphasis on than older adults do. Having children, along with the aging process, removes some of that perfection of the 30 something body. wink

I think that if a person remains healthy, active and able to do all the activites that they REALLY want to do, then they should be very happy with their body. I LOVE the fact that I am a grandmother (and I certainly have more of a grandmother's body than a 30 something body). I LOVED my 30 something body (but I like my grandmother's body that can cuddle my grandchildren and still ride bikes, climb hills, walk paths and swim!) smile I am VERY HAPPY with who I am, at this point in my life.

Trish

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Trish,

you are a lovely person.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Awwww, thanks, CDM. BTW, when I took the quiz, it said the I DID love my body! So, I answered all of that above BEFORE I had taken the quiz! wink AND, you, CDM are a WONDERFUL person! Thanks, friend!

By the way, I LOVE the "wishafriend" site! I used some of the stuff I found there to send to my son for father's day. It was really cool! laugh

Trish

hey baby, thanks only if i could keep up the walking i'm gonna try even if its not every day, today wasn't one of those days, failure failure,i am ;o(

Rosie L
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Rosie, you are supposed to be using POSITIVE words and thoughts! not words like "failure" frown but things like wink I'll do better tomorrow! I'm trying. I'll get back on the routine! smile then you have something GOOD to look forward to and you will feel good about yourself. I didn't walk today, either but that is okay because it is Saturday and I decided to take the weekend off. I'll start again on Monday! smile How about you?

At this point in our lives, we have GOT to change the way we think about ourselves. OKAY? It's called "positive reinforcement" for a reason! wink Now, I want to start hearing you use THOSE kind of words, even if you don't do what you want to do for one or two days, okay? That is the way we can encourage each other!

Good Luck! laugh Have a GREAT rest of the weekend!

Trish

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Originally Posted By: babyquacker
Awwww, thanks, CDM. BTW, when I took the quiz, it said the I DID love my body! So, I answered all of that above BEFORE I had taken the quiz! wink AND, you, CDM are a WONDERFUL person! Thanks, friend!

By the way, I LOVE the "wishafriend" site! I used some of the stuff I found there to send to my son for father's day. It was really cool! laugh

Trish

Thanks. My sons will love your appreciation. They made it.

baby,sounds good to me,i'll take weekend off n push myself on week days, i can do it

Rosie L
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Originally Posted By: skyhaven
baby,sounds good to me,i'll take weekend off n push myself on week days, i can do it

Yes Rosie, all of us can do it if we decide.

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
thank you for the input.

P
Shark
Shark
P
What input?

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
I have always had poor body image - I think with a positive body image it gives you much more confidence with the opposite sex.
I was a slim 13 year girl who suddenly developed Cup size E breasts - I was mortified and hated the crude and unwelcome attention I received from men. I always felt large as I wore loose clothing to hide my bust. Fitted clothing made we look even bigger. I put up with my bust until finally in my late 30s I had a reduction - my only regret:- I didn't have it done earlier!
It has made a huge difference to the way I feel about myself...

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Do you feel good about yourself now?

I'm a failure, oh me oh my, didn't walk at all this week' the only thing i like about myself is my eye color (blue)

Rosie L
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Rosie,

Are you a failure because you did not walk for a week? Then I am a disaster.

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Yes, much more comfortable physically - can wear t-shirts and fitted clothing. Even happy to show a little cleavage these days! and yes, I'm happy with myself.

Last edited by Deborah49; 09/13/07 03:02 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.