Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#326414 07/03/07 10:03 AM
OP Offline
Here's what I've been working on:

Bride's Bouquet Block

New York Beauty Block

Sorry about the huge pictures! When I get a free moment I'll size them down so I can show them right in my post.

These are blocks from the quilt called "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler". It is a quilt from the Elm Creek Quilt novels, by Jennifer Chiaverinni. I have 4 blocks finished, though I don't have all the pictures here, and there are 140 in the quilt. Unfortunately, my printer's having problems so I'm not able to print out any more of the patterns for the blocks! Hopefully I can get it working again soon so I can make the whole quilt!

What are you working on right now?

Last edited by Valerie - Quilting Editor; 07/03/07 10:07 AM.

Valerie Smith
Quilting Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
They are very nice Valerie. I do like your choice of fabric. They go together well.

I'm sure your quilt will be a masterpiece when it is finished!

P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
This is one of the quilts I am working on. I have named it my "flower garden" quilt.

These pictures are a couple of months old. My camera is out of action at the moment, so I do not have up-to-date pics. I am making it as a queen size quilt. I have since pieced the blocks together and started embroidering around the flowers. Still have quite a way to go. Was hoping to have it finished by the end of the month. But since I have broken my arm and start uni in a few weeks time, I doubt that it will be finished before the end of the year.

Thus is what I originally started with, but I decided I didn't like it and turned it into a cushion. It shows the basic embroidery I am doing in the quilt. As you can see, there are HUNDREDS of little flowers, and I have created a lot of work for myself and have decided to embroider around every one.

Last edited by pinklulu; 07/04/07 04:19 AM.
OP Offline
Oh your quilt looks adorable! smile Have you thought about using the blanket stitch on your sewing machine to attatch those large flowers? It's going to be very cute when it's finished!

Last edited by Valerie - Quilting Editor; 07/04/07 04:30 PM.

Valerie Smith
Quilting Editor
P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
Thanks Valerie smile

Well, I wasn't planning on incorporating those big flowers into the quilt... I think it would be a bit too little girl like if I added those. I think just the embroidery around the smaller flowers will be enough to make it stand out.

As for blanket stitch, I do prefer to do it by hand. I find it is more relaxing when I do some work by hand.

Last edited by pinklulu; 07/13/07 06:42 AM.
R
R
Hi Valerie and Lulu. You quilts will be lovely when finished.

I joined the Thimbleberries Club and we are making one table runner and three quilts for the year. I am just about finished sewing the third project and I have enlarged it into a double bed size quilt. I have three quilts that I am quilting now and have been doing a lot of hand quilting on them. I will machine quilt the borders though. I am not sure how I will quilt the Thimbleberries quilt yet.

OP Offline
pinklulu - I understand, I enjoy hand quilting quite a bit! I can't wait to see how you progress! smile

Racing Red Granny - hello! Thank you for the compliment. I love all things Thimbleberries. Do you have any pictures you can share of your projects? I would love to see! Did you join your club through the Thimbleberries web site or through a quilt shop or somewhere else?

Valerie Smith
Quilting Editor

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.