logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#155994 01/06/05 09:54 PM
OP Offline
I was hoping somebody out there could offer me some guidance or advice. I am currently 26 years old and about 6 months ago, my husband and I made the decision to try to have a baby. In August, I got off birth control pills and began taking pre-natal vitamins. 35 days later, I had a normal period. I have not had another period since. We went on a trip to Disney World from Dec 4th-12th. I had dreams of taking home my own "little souvenir" but since I had not had a period since Sept (with negative pregnancy test results) I had no idea when I was ovulating. On New Years Day, I took a First Response pregnancy test first thing in the morning. It was faintly positive. We were elated!!!! (I believe it happened on Dec 11th although I may have ovulated after that.) I was a little concerned because the results were so faint, so I took another test the next morning and again. . faintly positive. I decided to wait 3 days to test again. I tested on Wed morning (again with First Response) and it was negative. I don't seem to have pregnancy symptoms, but yet I have had no bleeding or signs of miscarriage. I am very saddened, but also very confused. I am not sure I was pregnant to begin with, but what are the chances of having 2 false positive tests in a row?? I've read a little about chemical pregnancies, but shouldn't I have a period or some sort of bleeding?? The last few days have been an emotional roller coaster. I would be so grateful to anyone who could offer me any advice. Thank you so much.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#155995 01/07/05 01:39 PM
Elephant
Elephant
I do sex education volunteer work with a group in San Francisco. We always tell people to go get a blood test from their doctor when they have anything with mixed results. The tests used by a physician are more accurate than a home urine test.

#155996 11/20/06 07:14 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Yes, blood test will not only tell if hcg hormones are present but it can also tell about the levels of hcg hormones (produced by the placenta if pregnancy occurred).

B
B
My DR always told me there is not a false positive just a false negitive when it comes to pregnancy tests!! GOOD LUCK!! Oh yet but yes take a blood test to be sure!

Last edited by brook123; 07/03/07 10:25 PM.

Brook
TTC

Moderated by  Stacy - Conception 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.