Print Thread
#323793 06/20/07 07:41 PM
E
elle Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
E
I'm not a mom, but I really enjoyed your article on not using kids as an excuse to start a home business. Your tips on involving the kids are great ideas, especially showing them how Maths and English, etc, are used in the real world, and how to budget and plan. Great article!

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Sponsored Post Advertisement
elle #323795 06/20/07 07:47 PM
Shark
Shark
Thanks, Elle! I really appreciate your feedback.

I'm not a mom, just a mentor. And while I have taught many students about money, business, and the free enterprise system, I've noticed that many of their parents use them as an excuse to not learn about it themselves.

I just want to keep tackling the different excuses we make to not live "bigger" so we can be free to find our higher calling.

H
H
Would you kindly post a link to that article? I'd be interested in reading it! I'm a home organizer and work with many stay at home moms who would "like" to start a home business. Lack of time due to kids is one of the most frequent reasons (excuses) I hear. I coach moms on getting more organized which will in turn open up some time to start a business. Of course if they choose to start a home based business, they will always have to be learning how to work with kids around and it won't be for everyone. I just share my story of how I've made it work and I wouldn't trade working from home for the world.

All the best,
Erin
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Shark
Shark
Sure thing, Erin.

Being a woman working from home, you set the right example, for your clients. You & your "tire kicker entrepreneur" clients are welcome to join us, here, in the Business Coach forum, next Wednesday, to pitch your project on the "Shameless Self-Promotion Thread."

Here's the article. You CAN be a busy mom & start a business - will hopefully give you and your clients some ammunition to blow the excuse of "the kids" out of the water.

While you're there, sign up for the Business Coach newsletter. About once a week you'll get a notice of new articles, what's going on in the forum, special coaching challenges, and even special offers that previously were only offered to my clients.

H
H
Thanks Meg! Excellent article. I have printed it out to share with my clients. Sometimes I give them "homework assignments" like finishing an organizing project we are working on or reading an appropriate chapter in an organizing resource. It's amazing how serious moms take these homework assignments! Just goes to show you that they could probably be serious enough to start a business.

I think sometimes a mom's job can be so all-consuming that they lose sight of their own growth. I've been in that "place" myself and if you aren't doing something to develop your own individual character, you begin to feel empty.

As a mom, your most important job is to raise your children the best you know how. But that does not mean putting all of your dreams on hold, including starting a business.

Just my two cents!

All the best,
Erin
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Shark
Shark
Thanks, Erin! Glad you liked it.

Just as an FYI for you & other readers. I prefer to have links to the stories shared, rather than have them printed out & distributed. The contact link, next to the copyright information is there to ask permission for use.

As for you & your clients, specifically - the clients of yours that have internet access, I'd rather have you share the link, than print out the story for them. While I like helping as many folks as possible, I wrote the pieces on here specificly to be viewed at the Business Coach site of BellaOnline.com.

It's not my intention to scold or seem mean about it. The point of having these articles exclusively on BellaOnline is to encourage readership & community. When we uphold the copyright guidelines, it strengthens them for us all.

I do, however have other pieces that are freely distributable. And I, personally, have tools & services available for coaches. Feel free to contact me, directly, about either of those.

Let me reiterate that I enjoy your readership and participation in our community. I hope you & your clients find many useful ideas here & a supportive place to share your own.

If encouraged, I can post links to my open license / sharable articles, in the future.

In any case, please use the "Contact Meg" link, with the copyright information, at the bottom of all articles, if you find content from the Business Coach site that you are interested in using in any way, other than for your own use.

Thanks again, for your feedback, and giving me an opportunity to share my thoughts on exclusive content for BellaOnline. We appreciate your support.

Sincerely,

Meg

H
H
Hold the printing! No problem, Meg. Maybe a better idea will be to include the link to your article on my Web site. Then "they" can print it out if they choose.

>The point of having these articles exclusively on BellaOnline is to encourage readership & community.

Absolutely!

If encouraged, I can post links to my open license / sharable articles, in the future.

I'm encouraging, anyone else?

All the best,
Erin
E
Amoeba
Amoeba
E
That is a great article! I've been an on-again off-again mompreneur. Now, I think I have found the right thing for me - writing. My kids are all just a little older (7, 5, and 3) than when I began my other endeavor. They are able to entertain themselves somewhat and sometimes give me inspiration. I am coaching them to do "family team" activities so we all share a little more of the chores.

I have managed to hand out some consistent jobs for the 7 and 5 yr old that they trade off on, and the 3 year old calls daddy to dinner and moves the mats around so the floor person of the week can do their job! So far, the last couple of weeks, I've only been putting away food and wiping the counters. Seems better than mommy slaving after everyone runs off to play. I am hoping to keep reinforcing this over the years so that I can hire them as interns, have them do more difficult tasks for me, do proofreading, etc. They will have already gotten the idea that it takes a real cooperative effort for things to happen in a family.

Erika Krull
Siblings
E
elle Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
E
Sounds like you've got a good thing going there smile

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna

Moderated by  Angel - Business Coach 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.