logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
[size:11pt][font:Book Antiqua]My newest article is up on Marriage.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by kristen houghton; 06/29/07 09:02 AM.

"Allow your dreams to become your plans."

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Well, I have never been married, and never will be. But I would change nothing.
besides, my body is changing itself every day! I think even if women have changes made, this needs upkeep and maintenance. they are never satisfied!
Can you imagine? A beautiful young woman has bust implants and tummy tuck. Then at 80, what does her bust and waistline look like?!?
eat sensibly, exercise well.
This is enough, I think.
or should be!

"Things are not what they seem.... Nor are they otherwise...." (Lankavatara Sutta)

"The purpose of Life is simply, to be happy, and to make others happy." HH the Dalai Lama.

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Pretty much in agreement here, Metta. My step-mother is in her sixties and looks great. She has always played tennis and swims regularly. And before healthy eating was in vogue, she was very into veggies and fruits. Another good thing too, she never, ever smoked!

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
E
Koala
Koala
E
I don't have any curves to be proud of, but I'm proud of my angles! LOL

I'm happy with my body, and grateful for my health and vitality. I know I'm lucky to have this body shape and metabolism, so I treat it with respect and appreciation.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Elle, you are a beautiful woman inside and out. You are perfect my girl!

It always surprises me that some women find their bodies unattractive. Me, I like me, my body amazes me in it's ability to heal, function, and be good to its owner! I'm a bit curvy and I love that fact about me.

I wish women would look at their beauty and not always see what "others" find wrong. (Who are these "others" anyway?)

Last edited by kristen houghton; 06/29/07 08:17 PM.

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Parakeet
Parakeet
I'm making progress on losing the "chub" I gained from a serious knee injury a few years ago. But I'm careful to maintain the upper body muscle I gained for the same reason (couldn't rely on my legs to do the lifting anymore). I'll never have the same figure I had back in the 2 whole knee caps days, but the one I'm working on honing now is even better. Not as close to perfect or perfectly functional, but still better.

This version of my body has been ruined for life in one respect, but has grown stronger in others to compensate. I had to earn the figure I have now. I'll always have a slight limp (though I've gotten good at hiding it except when I'm really tired and/or sore), but I'm proud of my walk. It's something I had to earn. The figure and walk I had before took virtually no effort to get and maintain. I had to work for what I have now. I appreciate it more.

Sure, I still have some fat to lose, but not a lot. And every pound gone is another pound my arthritic partial knee cap doesn't have to carry. And every bit of muscle, though I consider myself a little too muscular in places, is more muscle to help keep me mobile and living (mostly) like I did before my injury.

In short, it's all about perspective and appreciation, and about yourself, not the starving girls on TV. They didn't practically relearn how to walk at age 21, take the most physically challenging job they could handle to rebuild muscle, and don't face every weather forecast wondering how well they'll be able to walk if it rains on Tuesday. I did and do all of that. Also, I have a man who was with me in my struggle and appreciates my work and my body, too. Who cares about the girls who have never lived in my body or my life and don't know what good pizza tastes like?

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Myrabeth you are a real woman! You have every right to be proud of you and to celebrate life!

We live in a world where twenty is old and where starvation is "normal." How helathy is that?!

When I had scar revision on my nose after having skin cancer, I asked about a "freshening up" possibly many years down the road. The plastic surgeon asked who I wanted to look like. I told him I wanted to still look like me! He smiled and said that was best because when patients tell him they want to look like a certain model, actor, or celebrity, he sends them for counseling. He was a good, ethical man.

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
E
Koala
Koala
E
Myrabeth, you have a great perspective on your injury and on life. So many others would've allowed such a set back to dictate what they could or couldn't do and give in to the restrictions, rather than learning to compensate. I'm glad you're proud of the body you've earned.

Kristen - thank you - you're beautiful too.

Last edited by elleCreatEd; 07/01/07 04:01 AM.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.