I just had to share my visit to the dermatologist yesterday. I went yesterday because I had broke out again (this happened last year and I ended up going to 3 different doctors and I still don't know what it is) around my ankles, on my feet. She calls it vasculitis, which is really what it looks like. The spots are about the size of a thick magic marker. It looks like someone just dotted my ankles and then there are some that go up to my thighs. I had noticed a few on monday but didn't really think much about them. Tuesday night I start itching like crazy and I have this stuff she had prescribed last year and usually it kills any itch. I am slathering that stuff on and it really didn't work. I called and was able to get in at 12:30. She did a biopsy of one of the spots. I got 2 stitches and the nurse asked my son if he wanted to watch her stitch me up. He was like no...it makes me feel funny. We go pay out and walk out the door to the waiting room and I look at Steven and his face is kind of gray and he has these purple spots under his eyes and I ask if he needs to sit down. So he sits down and says he needs to throw up and I holler for a trash can and he goes limp and twitches a few times and passes out. By this time the doctor and everyone else in there come and we are trying to get him on the floor and I am yelling "Steven!!!!". One of the office help says he is having a seizure because of the twitching and one of the nurses says no, she worked at the blood bank and some times this happens. We get him on the floor and put his legs on a chair and he finally kind of looks at us all and is trying to get up and we are all trying to keep him on the floor. By the time we left it was almost 1:30. Poor Steven, I asked him if he remembered me yelling at him and he tells me it was just like he went to sleep. I have almost passed out several times, usually at the vet, and my dad does that too. When he was 16 he lost some of his fingers in a cotton stripper and no one told my gramma till they brought my dad home and then she looked at him and passes right out. So, this is one of the great family traits I have passed along. I had to call my dad last night and tell him about it and he just laughed and laughed. We went and ate lunch after the appointment and I was so glad we didn't do it before hand because I know Steven would have thrown up and I felt kind of funny and if Steven would've thrown up then I would have too. And I am sure everyone in the office that was about to go to lunch would've really appreciated that! I should've sent Steven out to the waiting room but really didn't think about it. He has fainted before. Poor guy!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~