Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#324024 06/21/07 05:42 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Battlestar Galactica Ends After Season Four - another well-written article.

I think the producers are doing the series justice. Too many shows are drawn out, and the story diluted, and then dumped before we get the end of the story.

With this decision, we can view the proper story arc & be privy to the ending, without a lame cancellation by TV Execs.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
I actually like this concept. My DH and I were talking the other day about all the shows we get in to but never get a conclusion. I think even canceled shows should produce some kind of conclusion for the loyal fans who watched.

E
Koala
Koala
E
I hope we even get to see that. The channel that shows it here seems to think it a hoot to end the screening in the middle of a season and then pick it up again three or so months later on a different night of the week at a ridiculous time slot like 2AM! (Did I mention our video recorder is about to pack up on us and only records if it really feels like it). Most times we don't religiously scan the TV guide so it is several episodes before we realise BSG is back on. Grrrr! We have missed so much of this show, but not really enough to feel like getting the whole series out on DVD and watching some episodes over again. It's frustrating.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Elle, you might want to see if BSG is available for download from iTunes. I know a friend of mine does that with Heroes (another favorite of mine.)

Moe, yes, I still remember almost all the shows that I got into that were cancelled without "closure." It really makes me not want to get "into" new series.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
I totally agree with you guys. As an example, I can't help thinking about how "The X-Files" would have left a better legacy if it had ended a few seasons sooner.

Tiger
Tiger
Originally Posted By: BellaMeg_BusinessCoach
It really makes me not want to get "into" new series.

I totally agree with this. I know at the beginning of the season at least 1/2 if not more of the shows I get into will disappear.

We have the same problem up here with a show airing a few episodes and disappearing and coming back on a new day or time. I've actually give up on shows that do that. It annoys me.

Luckily Battlestar is not one of them. We watch it on the Space channel and last season they showed all 20(22) episodes right after one another. It was great. No repeats. Then they repeated the whole thing again. IN ORDER! Too bad all networks couldn't do the same thing.

Parakeet
Parakeet
The example of what not to do with a TV series was what happened with Babylon 5. A 5 year arc, which was threatened with being canceled at the last minute (literally) after season 4 -- then it was renewed. Unfortunately, it was written to satisfactorily end at S4, so S5 was a less than memorable season.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A lot of fans felt the same way about Farscape which is why they had to come back with a 2-hour movie to give some closure. I'm really looking forward to see what they do with BSG.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I'm also really looking forward to the last season of Battlestar Galactica, and glad to see that they choose to go out with a bang rather than a fizzle. And here it is... days away from March, and I still haven't heard of a premiere date?

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Tiger
Tiger
We've seen previews for it to start in March but the Official website says April 4th.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Helen - SciFi TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.