Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I actually still do not think Ellen is the final cylon. I think she is an older Six and have thought so from the first season.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Hmmm... I hadn't thought of that, but that's definitely possible especially considering how much Tigh was drawn to the Six. He was imagining seeing Ellen at times when he was with her. I'm still in limbo about how Starbuck could be Starbuck, after finding herself dead on Earth... Eke Gads!

M
Shark
Shark
M
Ooh, I like the idea of Ellen being an older Six! We don't know, do we, if Cylons age? They all look the same, but then again they die and regenerate so much they never really have a chance to age, and if they started to they could die and come back to their younger bodies.

Or, the earth Cylons had solved that whole regeneration thing with evolving to reproduce and die like humans. I've always thought that the hybrid's comment to Starbuck about bringing death wasn't a foretelling of doom - that it may have been more about a 'death brings life' thing. The cylons can only truly be alive if they can die, etc.

Here's a question, though - did the Six get pregnant before or after the regeneration hub was destroyed? because maybe there is a connection between the Cylons losing the ability to regenerate and gaining the ability to reproduce?

As for Starbuck, I think she is a clone. The Cylons took her ovary on Caprica and I think they made a new Starbuck out of it. I have no idea why or how that would work, though.

I know someone who has the theory that when Starbuck went missing, she fell through some sort of hole in time and space, landed on cylon-inhabited earth, destroyed them all including herself, at which point the present-day cylons put the Starbuck clone into action.

I think that the 'skinjob' Cylons are not really Cylons. I think that they are some race of beings, the same race that inhabited earth, who came across the Cylons hanging around in space and took them over or entered into an alliance with them. And somehow over time their real origins became obscured until they didn't realize that they are a different manner of creature entirely. Really, other than the fact that they call themselves Cylons, what evidence do we have that they are? they have nothing in common with the toaster cylons, as far as we know.

I think that it's possible that what we are going to find out is that the skinjob Cylons are not related to the metal cylons, but that they are either the ancestors of the human race or the humans are their ancestors, somehow.

MaryEllen, Animal Life Editor
Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
To me Ellen is definitely separate from the others - she is completely a different bone structure. She's a cylon, but a separate one from the previous ones we knew about. I would never have seen her as being "the same" as another Cylon line we've seen.

I don't like how they keep saying "you know about all the cylons. Oh wait, but there's five more! OK you know those five. Wait, there's another one! OK you know that one. Wait, there's yet another one after that!" I'm not a big fan of those type of drawn out incremental lies. It seems like cheating to me.

Bob and I have said several times while watching this final season that it feels incredibly forced. They are driving towards a set ending and they are twisting characters and plot lines towards that end in ways that often don't make sense.

I'm not sure what the solution is. They only had these X episodes to finish things. So they couldn't do anything longer to do it more elegantly. Maybe they always had an "end point in mind" and they thought they had 7 years to do it in, and now they're trying to cut corners to make it fit. So should they have come up with a new ending which fit better with the time they had left?

I still see season 2 as being their best season, with really well done, intricate episodes. Season 1 had a lot of the over-the-top "setting up of characters" that goes on in every series, so you can't blame them too much for that. After season 2 they began to get nebulous. I think if they had more tight writing in season 3, they could have set the scene for a lot of the final work here in a more well scripted manner. I suppose, again, that in season 3 that they thought they had plenty of time to take side trips before they had to end.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
M
Shark
Shark
M
I agree, Lisa, that season two was their best. (I have this whole TV series theory that all shows are at their best in season three, but BSG doesn't quite fit that mold.) I think that the problem, though, is that they wrote themselves into a corner and in their efforts to extricate themselves from it, they have had to fall back on this "but wait - there's MORE!" thing. I think "Lost" does something similar, with the way they keep tossing more characters into the mix instead of fully exploring the characters and stories they already have going.

I was particularly irritated at the sudden "Oh, didn't we mention #7, Daniel, who we have never talked about before" revelation. I think it's probably Starbuck's dad, which would make Starbuck the first hybrid, not Hera, but I haven't thought that all the way through yet. But in any case, the sudden "here's the Final Five... except for this one!" just really bothered me. Not to mention the "Sam is in a coma and is now going to explain the entire story in this one episode" thing.

I've enjoyed the series, but I am ready for it to end.

Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yup we are watching this because we've invested all our time in it now, but it's lost its high enthusiasm enjoyability of season 2.

Starbuck's dad makes sense, it would help to explain why she has the memories she does. That's really the only big "loose thread" right now, is how if she is not a Cylon she has had all these bizarre things happening.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
M
Shark
Shark
M
Thoughts on the finale? I need to watch it again, because I missed some stuff (or maybe I didn't and it just wasn't there).

Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
A
Gecko
Gecko
A
It was ok - a lot more "Planet of the Apes" than I would have anticipated, that's for sure.

Angela England
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Helen - SciFi TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.