Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
So has anyone heard when the next new episode will be aired? Or how many more new episodes before the finale??

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
We don't get the last season until jan of 09.

I have been thinking about Dualla as well, for several reasons. And yeas, Billy, but i think they turned that into Tory.

I think i need to make a chart - lol - there are so many overlapping clues at this point.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
January??? JANUARY???

Oh the humanity!!!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yes, Ron Moore is trying to drive us insane. :p

M
Shark
Shark
M
Not long to wait now! They're running a "10 Things you need to know" special on Sunday (I think), so at least we'll be able to be reminded of where we were when last season ended! thank goodness. I hope when Lost comes back it does something similar.

MaryEllen, Animal Life Editor
Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
M
Shark
Shark
M
SO! what do we all think?! Let's generate some theories!

Warning! spoilers ahead - do not read next post if you have not seen this week's show!

Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
M
Shark
Shark
M
Do we think there is a time travel element? And why Ellen, of all people?! She wasn't even that important when she was on the show - she did try to influence Tigh to take over from Adama, but wasn't really successful. Then Tigh killed her - but if she's a cylon, she can regenerate, right? But where did she regenerate to? Surely she would have been noticed if she were somewhere else on the fleet, or on the cylon ships. So where is she?

and in the same line of thought - how did the cylons on earth regenerate? was there a resurrection ship nearby, or did they have some other way of doing it? Could they, on earth, maybe have found a way to reproduce without regenerating?

How could they be on earth 2000 years ago? I have a theory that I stole from a friend - he suspects that the original cylon race left behind, somehow, the technology to create the Centurions, which they knew would evolve into the human models, as a way to guarantee their survival should something go wrong with their colony (which it did). and that perhaps the original cylon race was exiled to earth by the humans, which might explain why they attacked.

Theories and thoughts?

Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
There are a number of things in the show which - we were watching this on DVR - we literally paused the screen and said "That makes NO sense at all." I do enjoy the show a great deal, but they are doing many things for plot reasons now - to get everything to coalesce into their grand finale - which either do not make sense at all with the character's motivations or which directly contradict things which happened previously.

Starbuck in particular has been painted as a complete loony. In the past she was highly intelligent, a renegade, with great passion in her. The lost some of her complexity somewhere along the way. We can wait to see how they try to explain it.

I do appreciate some of the character arcs. Having Adama becoming "more human" was a nice movement. Having his son become his caretaker was well done. There are always some flashes of brilliance in this show that really stand out. I just think they are trying to compress too much into this last half-season and that the characters are suffering as they get funneled into their destination so quickly.

We don't know that Ellen is the "final cylon" (and I really hope she is not). All we know is she was one of the THOUSANDS of cylons on Earth 2,000 years ago and presumably all of them could regenerate. Just because Tigh was one of the "final four" it doesn't mean every single person on Earth was a member of that final four smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
M
Shark
Shark
M
I hoped that Ellen was not the final cylon either, but the producers, in interviews, seem to be suggesting that it's true. It makes no sense at all to me. Most of this ep didn't make sense to me, but I keep hoping it will make sense in the future. I agree that they have totally mangled Starbuck's character - it's very disappointing to me that once again a strong female character ends up having to be insane or defective in some way.

I'm not sure what to think about the cylons on earth. During the flashbacks that Tyrell and Tigh had, we only saw them, not anyone else - so we have no way of knowing if earth was populated by thousands of copies of the 12, or if there were others. And we don't really know about their regeneration abilities - maybe these cylons had learned to reproduce and continued their race that way (there was no mention of wreckage of a regeneration ship or hub or building on earth).

I do think that character is suffering quite badly in service of making the plot work out. I hated what they did to Dee, and honestly Roslin is driving me crazy as well. It just seemed SO off to have no one on the ship even question the discoveries that they had made. Not one person said "Wait, how can this planet have been inhabited by cylons 2000 years ago?" No one questioned if it was really earth. It was like Roslin and Adama just said "Oh, okay, we'll just go find another planet then, no problem!" I hope that we were supposed to think that they were just too shocked to think straight, and that they will start asking the obvious questions next episode. If they don't I'm going to be really, really disappointed that these people that have been developed as smart characters are acting like dopes.

Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yup I agree 100% with you on everything. All they had were the constellations which they "thought" led to earth which they "think" they found. I agree that it seemed that they just landed on a planet, said "Oh well Cylons lived here and trashed it, let's leave".

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Helen - SciFi TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.