K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 23

Hope all of you had a clean, sober weekend. "Don't ask for an easier life. Ask to be a stronger person." (Anonymous) That will be my pledge for today. To be a stronger person which means I will do whatever I can today to live outside of my addictions and defects. Pledge with me.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 24

"Fear is the thief of dreams." (Anonymous)

I found through Step 4 that my life had been totally driven by fear...all kinds. Anyone else have that experience? So today I pledge to be aware of any fear today and remember that I am never alone when I ask my Higher Power for help. Pledge with me today.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 25

"The most difficult matter is not so much to change the world as yourself." (Nelson Mandela)

This quote reminds me of trying to control everyone and everything. So today I pledge to be free of my addictions and to remember that I cannot control anyone but myself. If control is/was one of your issues, free yourself today.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 26

"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." (Dolly Parton)

This is a good quote for today because I can pledge to be free of my addictions and to remember that I must live life on life's terms; that means accepting everything my Higher Power throws my way. Pledge acceptance today.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 27

No quote today because I used my diminishing weekly brain power on my article. But, it is still a good day to pledge to be free from all of my addictions and to pray for those who still suffer. Joine me!

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 30

"Be realistic. Plan for a miracle." (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh)

The miracle does happen when we live the 12 Steps and only Step 1 has to be perfect. So I pledge today to remember that I am powerless over my addictions and with the help of my Higher Power will be free of them just for today.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 31

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open." (Frank Zappa)

Isn't this what the program teaches us? To be teachable is to practice humility. I pledge today to be free of my addictions and to open my mind to to whatever and whomever I encounter today. Pledge with me and share it with someone else.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
August 1

"There are always more choices than you think." (Catherine DeVrye)

Today I do have a choice. I can give in to my addiction or I can stay away. I pledge that for today I'm going to stay away from my addiction and any behavior that reminds me of it. Will you do the same?

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
August 2

"Everyone who is successful must have dreamed of something." (Maricopa N.A. Proverb)

In recovery we can have real dreams of success and can make them a reality. Today I will be free of my addictions and take positive action to make my dreams my successes. I hope you can take this pledge with me just for today.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
August 3

"Housework can't kill you but why take the chance?" (Phyllis Diller)

I just read that quote on my bella editors page and thought I'd send something humorous for a change. Ironically, I couldn't do housework without a drink in my hand so maybe it is not all that humorous. But today life is different and I pledge today to remember Step 1 and that is that I am powerless. Renew Step 1 with me today.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.