#323222 06/18/07 03:16 PM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
I was reminded that I had intiated a forum that was actually a daily pledge to remind us of the freedom from addiction. I am going to reinstate that daily pledge even if I am the only person who writes. The idea of this is for anyone to add their own pledge that day and it gets passed on from one person to another. If, however, my own pledge is a reminder to any one out there to live their program one day at a time, I will continue as ad infinitum!

So, here is the first pledge of this forum.

I pledge that for today, June 18, I do not allow any of my addictions be a part of my day. I am in gratitude for the hope that my Higher Power will walk with me today. I extend my hand to anyone out there to grab on and pledge the same.

Kathy L.
12 Step Recovery Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
Kathy L.

Thank you for that pledge. As a grateful member of Alanon, that helps to hear that from you and anyone else.

Can you read my previous posting and tell me what you think about my recent dilemma? Thank you.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
There IS a solution... Today, June 19, I pledge that I will live in that solution through prayer and meditation. I pledge that for today I will not allow alcohol, drugs or addictive behavior be a part of my day. Please join me in this pledge by responding to this forum so that we can continue to share the message.

Kathy L.
12 Step Recovery Editor

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
June 20

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight" (Japanese Proverb). Today I will be standing tall and affirming that I will not live in my addictions today. I will remember to be in gratitude today for the life I have. I extend my hand to anyone out there to hold on and to join me in gratitude today.

Kathy L.
12 Step Recovery Editor

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
June 21

Have decided to give all of you a "thought" for the day as long as I have something worthwhile to share. Here is today's. "Yesterday's history. Tomorrow's a mystery. All we have is today and it's called the present because it's a precious gift." (Anonymous) So for today, I pledge that I will do my best to live in the solution and be free from all of my addictions. Join me in this pledge either through this forum or my sharing with another in recovery.

Kathy L.
12 Step Recovery Editor

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
June 22

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are but small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I pledge that today I will be free of all of my addictions and be in gratitude for the many gifts given to me by my Higher Power. My prayer is that all of you will do the same..just for today!

Kathy L.
12 Step Recovery Editor

J
J
Thank you for reposting this form of daily pledges! It is a new thing for me to learn to do, but by reading yours and relating to what you are pledging, is teaching me to think this way! So here goes for me too! Today I will pledge to not use alcohol or drugs to take my mind off of worrying about things I am losing control of.....like starting to lose my 12 year old son to World of Warcraft and how to stop him. I am praying to God about it and must use my straight senses to help distract him and make him learn real life skills. Sorry, Probably to much information here , for this just being a daily affirmation, but this is what i am fixated on at 3 am in the morning and cannot sleep

JennaRae #324672 06/25/07 11:05 AM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Wow! It's already Monday and I seemed to have missed the weekend. Sounds like I put my sobriety away on those days but certainly not true! So, let me start the week of by thanking JennaRae for her pledge. If this daily reminder is good for even one person (2, including myself), is is sooooo worth it!

So, today, June 25, "Of all of the people you will know in a lifetime, you are the only one who will never leave nor lose. To the question of your life, you are the only answer. To the problems in your life, you are the only solution." (anonymous)

I pledge today to be free of my addictions, to be in gratitude and to practice lovingkindness as best I can. Join me by responding to this forum in writing or at least pledging in your heart.

Kathy L.
12 Step Recovery Editor

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
June 26, "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." Margaret Thatcher

If our addictions are the battles we fight, we know that it is something we do every day. Pledging today to keep me free of my addiction(s) is one more day that I win the battle! Join me and share this pledge.

Kathy L.
12 Step Recovery Editor

J
J
I pledge to myself today to be aware of how I talk to myself and to be aware of how other people treat me IS NOT a reflection of my self worth. I pledge today to love myself and to love others without having to give my power over to them. I pledge today to stay free of alcohol and drugs . The desire to use has not hit me for almost 2 months now. Thank you God, Thank You Jesus for delivering me from the grips of mental illness that seeked relief and escape thru gulping down poison, that allowed the devil to take over me .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.