Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Alexandra #321486 06/12/07 01:34 PM
J
Koala
Koala
J
Tami, thanks for bringing up What the Bleep! I saw that movie about a year ago and it really changed the way I think about things.

I found it at Blockbuster so it's commonly available.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
hollyelise #321541 06/12/07 04:54 PM
B
Shark
Shark
B
Another wonderful book, Das, is Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life.

Barbara_Sloan #321630 06/13/07 01:09 AM
D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
I will have a look at that Barbara.Thanks.

Alexandra #321631 06/13/07 01:12 AM
D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Hi,

I am a student of quantum physics.
But I do not know how sub atomic particles can be impacted by thoughts? Subatomic particles are pure energy when you keep breaking them. That is the blue light.

Any link of research?

Alexandra #321633 06/13/07 01:17 AM
D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Originally Posted By: Alexandra
Tami I am so glad you posted this. I had heard the same, but wqas reluctant to post because I actually had doubts as to whether Das would believe it or not!
HH the Dalai Lama has worked extensively with Scientific Bodies who research the power of the Mind and its effect on the body, and has also assisted with research in exactly the sphere of science you mention. healing through positive attitude. He has always said that if Science came up with indisputable evidence to discredit or alter the teachings of Buddhism, then of course he would have to change his views.
so far, nothing has ever suggested that meditation and Buddhist teachings are at fault, with regard to permitting the Mind to cohesively support the Body as you outline....

Thank you for your post.

What does Buddhism say about positive thoughts and healing?

das #321639 06/13/07 03:44 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Buddhism quite frankly states that the only way to achieve lasting permanent inner peace and freedom from suffering is to first of all acknolwledge, then understand, then accept that the source of all your own suffering is your mind.
The world comes to us and we decipher its messages and decide and appraise what we see, so our opinion is coloured by our conceptions of things. Things are as they are, and are what they are, simply because they are. They may be perceived as Good, Bad or Neutral.
But how we evaluate everything which we see, feel and experience, is up to us. And what we then do with that information - how we permit it to influence us and our 'SELVES' - if at all - is our choice.

I am not talking about a mental clinically diagnosed affliction here. However, it is worth bearing in mind that there is no word in Tibetan for 'Depression' and mental health is an issue which has only become relevant in this specific culture since the displacement of Tibetans from their home land. Before he left Tibet, the Dalai lama had never known, come across or experienced the concept of mental afflictions. neither had any other Tibetan.
He has of course known sadness, distress, anger, but also Joy, elation and mirth. he never has a smile off his face - which when you consider the position he occupies and the responsibilities he carries, is no mean feat.
ordinary standard emotions are part and parcel of being a Human. But their effect is entirely of our own choosing and manipulation.
If you want to develop a positive attitude and good thoughts - then think them. Know that everything is temporary, transitory and illusory.
Stay grounded in the Present, and know the utter bliss and joy of inner stillness.
Your Mind is your worst enemy, constrantly fuelled, affected and fed by the three poisons of Greed, Hatred and Passion.
Recognise them for the traitors they are, and vow to not permit yourswelf to fall under their domination.

This is what Buddhism says about Positive Thoughts and healing.

Last edited by Alexandra; 06/13/07 03:47 AM.
Barbara_Sloan #321640 06/13/07 03:45 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: Barbara_Sloan
Another wonderful book, Das, is Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life.

This is the first book I ever read that truly made me understand that everything I experience is down to me. The buck stops here, but it is so compassionate and kind, that it's a pleasure to be told that!!

Alexandra #321654 06/13/07 08:20 AM
D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Barbara,

Is Louis hay the lady who conquered her caner with subliminal talk?
I had some cassettes by her if I remember correctly.

Tami S #321677 06/13/07 09:42 AM
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Originally Posted By: Tami S
Hi das,

Quantum physics is now discovering that at the base of every molecule is energy, not "matter" like they once believed. They are now beginning to prove that we can impact this energy by using our minds. It actually IS science that we can impact molecules and therefore cells, just by how we think. We can no longer separate science and mind.

There's a great movie that demonstrates this called, "What The Bleep Do We Know?" I'm not sure where you can get it, but a search on the internet may turn up something.

Tami, did you get this information from the movie? I don't quite understand... the two ideas you mention here are not at all new, unless there is something more to it. Both of these ideas were pre-atomic bomb research, and absolutely necessary for it's development.

Heisenberg was a German physicist who was the premier scientist to develop the bomb project for Hitler. After the war he claimed to have deliberately sabotaged the project... i don't know if that's true or not. But he's most famous for "The Heisenberg Principle" which talks about observing sub-atomic particles, and being able to know the location or velocity... or being able to observe time or energy. The idea being that the closer you can identify one aspect of each pair, the less you know of the other. This theory became known as "the Uncertainty Principle" and is frequently used to imply that our act of observation affects the outcome.

I'll try to write more later about this, but i need to run to classes! smile

hollyelise #321719 06/13/07 12:49 PM
Shark
Shark
Hi Holly,

It took me a minute, but now I understand what you are asking. Please know that I'm no scientist (I did take upper sciences in highschool and some in college though).

Yes, this is beyond all the stuff we learned in Chemistry and other sciences. This relates to our bodies specifically and how it impacts our minds and bodies. It is the latest research on our brain and our belief systems.

You mentioned that Heisenberg found sub-atomic particles. What I've heard is they only recently discovered is that underneath everything is nothing; no particles and only energy. I'm not talking about the universe outside. I'm talking about INSIDE our bodies.

I was speaking directly in reference to what das had said about changing a belief system about our body.

My first true introduction of this concept wasn't even called "Quantum Physics". I later realized it was called that by watching the two movies, "What the bleep do we know?" and "The Secret". "What the bleep" carefully explains it. Have you seen it?

By watching the movies, I understood them to say that it is only recently that science has proved there is actually nothing solid to us at the base level of our molecules. They were surprised to find out there was no substance, but actually only energy that remains.

What I'm referring to that's new is from a Coaching course I took. The instructor (Dr. David Krueger) was teaching on some new research about how our thoughts specifically impact our brain and the way we think. Our belief systems actually block or allow thoughts.

In one recent study, they hooked people up to brain scanners (I can't remember which type). If people had already made a decision about what they believed, they would not allow their brain to even process the information. The "processing" area of the brain would not even light up. They were not even open to considering the "possibility" of changing their thoughts.

In another study, they showed that even though our thoughts run along certain pathways, we can change those pathways of thinking just by decision and repetition. In fact, the brain was not even able to tell the difference between open-eyed fact and visualization. The new pathway was created regardless. Through visualization, we can actually choose a new belief system and program it into our minds. After this new pathway is created, we have a new way of thinking. Thus, we have the control to choose a belief system about ourselves.

I'm understanding that Quantum physics is the link which explains how our desire or will gets translated into something our physical bodies understand. I don't want to say more in case I explain it wrong.

Now I want to watch the movie again so I can explain this better Holly. Have you watched "What the bleep?" If so, what was your understanding of how they explained it?

das was mentioning ill health. Science has now proven that we can reprogram our minds. I've been doing this specifically with my health and it is working! Others are documented in the book, "The Secret".

Anyhow, I'd be interested to know more of Heisenberg's theory.

By the way, what class are you taking or is this the knitting class you teach?

Have a great day!

Tami

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.