S
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
S
grin How many wheels do you have?

I have 2 Ashford wheels, one a Kiwi and a Traditional, 2 Walking wheels, a little flax wheel (being repaired), and an Indian Spinner.

Yes, they take up some space, so I have tossed out some of the other furniture from my den space in my great room.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
I have one, a Louet S10

I don't use it near enough!

Julie

S
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
S
I get great pleasure out of spinning, but haven't had time the last couple of months to just sit and spin.

I encourage you to "waste" time in the evenings spinning!

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
I have a Saxony, a Babe charkha (which I love) and an electric wheel, and also have 5 drop spindles, as I have just "redicovered" spindling. I am awaiting, very impatiently, a lovely purpleheart spindle from Spinners Choice.
Cheers, Caroline in Australia, who never has too much fibre, just not enough storage space.

There is no such thing as too much fibre, just not enough storage space.
S
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
S
None of us ever have enough storage space!!!

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
I have a Marjacraft Suzie,2x Ashford Traditional.A Matilda upright,an antique Traditional style Turkish drop spindle,bottom whorl drop spinle,top whorl dropspinle ,spindolyn supported quill spindle and a Rakestraw style spinner.I agree there is no such thing as enough storage space i live in my stash!

S
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
S
You are a true fiberaholic!

Yesterday we were invited to a new Assisted Care home grand opening and health fair. My crew took 2 walking wheels, 2 new students learning to run them and I got the Trad. We had a very good time. The few residents were totally interested. The visitors to the home were interested too. Had a Brownie Scout wanting spinning lessons.

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
How wonderful, I love doing demonstrations and used to do lots at a Pioneer Village. Unfortunately I became overwhelmed by the demand to travel and do demos all over. People don't realise the effort involved and the expense of travelling and most want you for nothing thats no problem, but don't even offer to cover part of your petrol.So i can't afford to do it even if i want to anymore.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
S
I have a really hard time with the fuel portion of it. When invited most of the time I require a motel room and one meal per day. If they can't get those comped they have to pay for them if they truely want me there.

If the festivals are close, it is no problem as I would be attending them anyway.

I started with the demand of motel or hotel room and a meal per day when we started this adventure. Some people have looked at me as if I were crazy, but I really don't have the unlimited funds to chase all over doing it at the cost of fuel this year especially and I don't see the fuel coming down anytime soon either.

Some locations we have cousins or children who host us! That is really very lovely! We get to visit a bit as well as set up the demos. Last weekend is a good example. Our son lives in that town also the lady who invited us, asked us if we would spend the night with her! She is sort of an "adopted" daughter. Same age as our daughters.

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
You are so lucky as far as that goes. I don't like to be billeted with people i don't know and would rather go to a motel if possible.I do think people are rude to expect you to do things for them and not cover petrol especially as we are paying $133 a litre and there are 5 litres to the gallon here at present.Also i have found that people think if you are demonstrating you are happy to do it for nothing and if you ask for even very basic expenses baulk at getting you to do it.So i have stopped doing it now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.