logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
I love this book and want to tat the doily on the front cover. However, I am confused by the directions and where to start.

On page 83, it says with Shuttle 1: C 3 X 4+. C3+3X5. Repeat 4 times. Do I reverse the work everytime I start the new chain? This is where I get stuck every time. Thanks for any insight anyone can give me.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
It seems that the cover doily (Cascade) is on page 85. Apparently the entire doily is worked in one round! I have not worked this pattern myself, but from looking at the picture and comparing it to the instructions, it begins with the trefoil at the inner part of the edge. I think they have forgotten to write in a ring -- the one that surrounds the center 4.

Where it says, for example, R 3 x 10, that means 9 picots separated by 3 double stitches. (They wrote 10 because you're doing 10 sets of 3 double stitches -- yes, it's a little confusing!) As for reversing the chains, I think you usually would after doing a ring, but not after the shuttle joins that continue into another chain.

Well, this is as much as I can figure out without actually working the pattern. Hope it helps.

yarnplayer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

B
B
Hi,

If you are working the pattern on page 83, which is Water Lily, then I agree the pattern is not very clear. So here goes.

When you are working row 1 after you have worked the first two rings of 3 double stitches separated by 7 picots or 8 lots of 3 double stitches separated by picots, reverse the tatting and work the chain 3 x 6, then reverse the work again and work the rings 3 x 9.

Then reverse the work, and work the chain C3 x 4. DO NOT REVERSE THE WORK. Instead tension the chain you have just made, then drop the shuttle in your right hand (assuming you are right handed) and pick us the second shuttle (which has the core thread) and work the ring R 3 x 8, middle section ). Close the ring. Then still without reversing the work go back to working the chain C 3 x 4+. (Now you have a ring sitting on top of the chain. I usually work the second half of a double stitch close to the ring the secure the ring, but do not include it in the stitch count.)

Join this chain with a downwards join to the tiny gap at base of the 3 x 9 rings you have just worked. Then, without reversing the work make the last chain C 3 + 3 x 5, joining what would be the first picot to the last picot of the previous chain.

What you should end up with is what looks like two rings sitting on top of each other with the 3 x 9 rings forming the last part of a trefoil at the base.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Buzby.

Moderated by  Georgia, AK Tatter 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.