Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#321167 06/11/07 10:29 AM
D
das Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Can we be like robots? Say- evolved robots?

I will now feel depressed because my partner of twenty years has cheated me. After five minutes, I will never be depressed again.

I was looted yesterday. But so what? I have lost everything. So what. within a second I can decide to forget everything and start anew.

I love my sweetheart like mad. She/he loves me as madly. Today I lost my partner. So what, life goes on.

I am happy in whatever condition I may be.

I have nothing to eat, no where to go. No friends and no body to help. So what, I am happy with what I am .

This all sounds great. But first- It robs us of our essential human qualities.
Secondly in my opinion, this just can not be done by most of us.

Only somebody who has fully evolved can do that. And that kind of evolution certainly can not be done without Guru's grace. And that may takes many many years or seconds depending upon Guru's wish.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
das #321179 06/11/07 11:03 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Well, it seems to me that you have answered your own question to your own satisfaction.
I happen to disagree, but then again, perhaps you knew i would, huh?

H
Koala
Koala
H
Dear das, I'm trying to think what to say. Am i right in what i understand of what you are feeling?

Theory is on the one hand (we can choose or feelings)... with what we feel, our humaness on the other? That "positive thinking" doesn't count if we're just hiding what we really feel?

I think, you are your own best guide on what you need to feel, and where you need to place your thoughts at this time. When sad things happen to us, we each process it a little differently. Maybe only Gurus need zero time for grief. I think positive thinking can help all of us... but when it's the right time for that... when you ready. And maybe this isn't the right time for you yet.

There's a difference between grieving loss that's happened fairly recently, and feeding an old sense of loss... and you aren't doing the second one now... you're just feeling natural sadness. That's okay.

I wish i could take away the things that happened to you and make it all better with magic words or a magic wand. I wish i could make things the way they were before when you were happy, or even better. You are a special, beautiful person and deserve the best. Your sweetheart was foolish. She didn't know the treasure she had.

das #321265 06/11/07 05:55 PM
Shark
Shark
das, I wish there were words to say that would lift you up and ease your pain. There are times when words seem inadequate, but I will try to answer your question...

To not let our heart grieve is to deny ourselves the passionate outlet we have been given. It is to deny our worth and place our feelings on the level of the unworthy.

No, we must let our heart grieve and validate its worth. Our grief must serve to remind us we are human; able to love and worthy of love.

It is our �thinking� we must not let run away on us. If we allow our thinking to turn against us, we run into trouble. Our thoughts should build us up and comfort us. If we question our worth, we know we are on the wrong track!

Grieve, mourn and wail, but do not deny your beauty and value as you do so. It is the one thing no one can take away. Even if you choose to deny it, it is never gone, only hidden. You are beautiful, talented and worthy of love no matter what any man or woman does or says to you.

We are not robots. We are human. We are each unique and beautiful in our own way. We all have a glory to share with this world. How can we live fully alive without giving our hearts permission to feel?

I am always comforted when I recognize I am never truly alone. There is one who is much bigger than I who is always watching over me. When I ask him to, he surrounds me with love. He sees my heartache and tears and will lead me down a path that will eventually fill every desire of my heart. I call him God, call him what you want, but know he is always there.

Love and warmth,

Tami

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
D
das Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Originally Posted By: hollyelise
Dear das, I'm trying to think what to say. Am i right in what i understand of what you are feeling?

Theory is on the one hand (we can choose or feelings)... with what we feel, our humaness on the other? That "positive thinking" doesn't count if we're just hiding what we really feel?

I think, you are your own best guide on what you need to feel, and where you need to place your thoughts at this time. When sad things happen to us, we each process it a little differently. Maybe only Gurus need zero time for grief. I think positive thinking can help all of us... but when it's the right time for that... when you ready. And maybe this isn't the right time for you yet.

There's a difference between grieving loss that's happened fairly recently, and feeding an old sense of loss... and you aren't doing the second one now... you're just feeling natural sadness. That's okay.

I wish i could take away the things that happened to you and make it all better with magic words or a magic wand. I wish i could make things the way they were before when you were happy, or even better. You are a special, beautiful person and deserve the best. Your sweetheart was foolish. She didn't know the treasure she had.

Holly,

Thanks for your response. Can we not generalize this post? Can we discuss? You, myself and tami?

D
das Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Originally Posted By: hollyelise

Holly,

your every word is filled with love , care and compassion.
You are a very loving and intelligent person.

Holly, please publish your book ASAP.
I will buy some copies and distribute to my friends in India.
At least 100 copies.
Promise.

I have read most of the self help writers and you stand somewhere near Anthony robbins.

Holly, can you begin online counselling?
I get ideas when I see real intelligence.

das #321361 06/12/07 03:03 AM
D
das Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Hey Tami,

What a lovely post.

You become an inspirational speaker.
All of us are talking about our potential and how to unleash that.
Why don't you do that?
How is your site coming up?

D
das Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Originally Posted By: Tami S
das, I wish there were words to say that would lift you up and ease your pain. There are times when words seem inadequate, but I will try to answer your question...

To not let our heart grieve is to deny ourselves the passionate outlet we have been given. It is to deny our worth and place our feelings on the level of the unworthy.

No, we must let our heart grieve and validate its worth. Our grief must serve to remind us we are human; able to love and worthy of love.

It is our �thinking� we must not let run away on us. If we allow our thinking to turn against us, we run into trouble. Our thoughts should build us up and comfort us. If we question our worth, we know we are on the wrong track!

Grieve, mourn and wail, but do not deny your beauty and value as you do so. It is the one thing no one can take away. Even if you choose to deny it, it is never gone, only hidden. You are beautiful, talented and worthy of love no matter what any man or woman does or says to you.

We are not robots. We are human. We are each unique and beautiful in our own way. We all have a glory to share with this world. How can we live fully alive without giving our hearts permission to feel?

I am always comforted when I recognize I am never truly alone. There is one who is much bigger than I who is always watching over me. When I ask him to, he surrounds me with love. He sees my heartache and tears and will lead me down a path that will eventually fill every desire of my heart. I call him God, call him what you want, but know he is always there.

Love and warmth,

Tami

Bold text- I loved this.

das #321369 06/12/07 03:59 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: das
Holly,

Thanks for your response. Can we not generalize this post? Can we discuss? You, myself and tami?

Do I take it from this response that you would prefer I did not contribute?
The problem is, my friend, I am pushing your buttons.
You will not respond to my PMs so I cannot effectively discuss things as I would wish.
But you exclude me, because I am exposing some of your raw pain dearest friend, and it is uncomfortable. You don't wish to have to deal with my challenges, because it leads you to places you would rather not visit.
But the doors must be opened some time, you know.
Simply ignoring facts does not make them disappear.
Sometimes though, we need to face uncomfortable things. We all would love to enclose you and wrap you in words of comfort, Love, understanding and Compassion. And we do.
But occasionally, we also need to face some harsh facts.
remaining in a comfrot zone is all very well, but occasionally, by doing so, we fail to rise to the challenge of expanding our spirit to finally release it form the bonds which bind it.
And it's a struggle, and it hurts, but it needs doing.

D
das Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
no, I have no such issues with you Alexandra.
You are most welcome to contribute.

I did not respond to your PMs because I did not want to say yes to what you said and you get angry if somebody says - no.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.