Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
I was hanging in my hometown square this weekend when I overhead a twentysomething man on his cell phone (because everyone talks, you know, so discreetly on them).

�... and she�s, like, so whacked out or something. Like she�s got PMS all the time.�

And there, in the middle of a beautiful, sunny day, in my beautiful little town, was the answer to all the big, bad problems with women.

We bleed.

But maybe not for much longer.

There's been big news lately in the World o' The Curse, mostly a pill that [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Last edited by Kat Wilder; 06/06/07 12:27 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
The part that pisses me off about my husband blaming PMS for behaviours is that he is right. I just don't realise it right off. I become irritable, anti-social and touchy before my period.

Once my period stats then my iron drops and I have trouble focusing and remembering things so I am irritable and touchy then too.

K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Yeah, I HATE it when they're right. But we don't rub their testosterone in their face... or do we?
Yikes!

And eat raisins � high in iron and sweet, too.
You could eat liver, too, but .. let's not go there!

Shark
Shark
Umm..

I don't know if you do but I know I have been guilty of it. I know that those around me do it often.

I take a vitamin high in iron, have an iron enriched diet and still have to take two iron supplements during my period just to be low. My body doesn't absorb iron as it should and bleeding heavily doesn't help me at all.

Last edited by His Brandy; 06/08/07 08:23 AM.
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: His Brandy
The part that pisses me off about my husband blaming PMS for behaviours is that he is right. I just don't realise it right off. I become irritable, anti-social and touchy before my period.

Once my period stats then my iron drops and I have trouble focusing and remembering things so I am irritable and touchy then too.

can I just point something my gynae lady said to me?
PMS loosens the tongue. we feel the same way about things all the way through the month. It's just that PMS brings our tolerance levels down, and we blow off steam sooner.
PMS is a side-effect of monthly fluctuations. But it doesn't change how we feel about things. That is to say, we shouldn't devalue or invalidate what we're saying, simply because we got the pms-blues..... if anything, it helps us be more honest and open, as opposed to trying to be diplomatic, hold it in tactfully, and bottle it up.

I also thought that I just got moodier at period time. Well, that's as may be, but it doesn't mean that what I'm saying is cr*p. It's just that I'm more emotional about it.

So there.

K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
OMG! It's the same as when we've had the extra glass of wine we didn't really need!

You're right, Alexandra � it just means we're more emotional about what we're feeling ... But as always, we need to be conscious of what we say and the way we say it. No need to dump our moody stuff on the one we love. We should just, like Buddhists during meditation, have the feelings and then acknowledge them by saying to ourselves, "There's me, having a moody moment," and let it pass ....

Now, please excuse me, I need to go ... cry ....

Zebra
Zebra
.....Aw....there there....come have a hug!

Yes, you're quite right. and I do recognise that, with regard to Buddhists and meditation...
I just ddin't myself, want to take the discussion that way, because I thought someone might throw her slipper at me....! laugh

Shark
Shark
Alexandra, I see evidence of that but then I'll also go to some very odd places...

Like the time I had a dream where I was attacked by vampires. In my dream, I was attacked by vampires and my husband choose not to rescue me. He proceeded to abandon me.

I can see that perhaps I may have been feeling that he was too busy with other things and not giving me the attention I wanted/needed. But I can't explain accusing him of hoping vampires were real so they would eat me and he would be rid of me.

Or the times I get into the conspiracy theory and anyone speaking in low tones or looking at me is obviously plotting.

These moments don't happen often but when they do..they are doozies. And as much sense as they make at the time, minutes, hours or days later, I really can't explain why I felt that way.

Shark
Shark
"We should just, like Buddhists during meditation, have the feelings and then acknowledge them by saying to ourselves, "There's me, having a moody moment," and let it pass ...."

That works excepts for those moments where the world is conspiring against me to sic vampires on me or some such stupidity.

K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Well, a gal must always carry her stake with her at all times, just in case. Just, please, try to find shoes and a bag to match ...

Shark
Shark
Heheh, wouldn't be caught dead or by undead in a mismatched outfit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Barbara - Women's Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.